Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best of Shot Show 2018?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Best of Shot Show 2018?

What did people see who attended that they were really impressed by?

Game changers? Must have items? Incremental improvements still worth mention?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    There's a thread in GD, but it deteriorated to old guys reminiscing by page 3 or 4. That probably speaks volumes about the show.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)

Smile

I was able to go to industry day for the first time and a few things stood out to me:

Tavor shotgun should be a huge winner.
    Geissele Rem 700 triggers are great, especially the single stage. Their mk16 handguard is amazing and I hope and pray it becomes available separately.
    The new OSS suppressors are heads and shoulders better than previous gens and are imo the nicest suppressor I was able to shoot at industry day.
    The Archon Type B pistols are great and hopefully meet the hype.
    The integrally suppressed AK has promise but was heavy and had bad gas blowback.
    Everyone has a 6.5 creedmoor now.
    The brownells retro rifles are a huge hit with everyone who saw them.

At Shot there wasn’t a ton on new things, but here’s a few highlights
    I am impressed by LMT’s ambi lowers and mlok hanguards, as well as their new Pdw style stock that isn’t stupid like everyone else’s.
    The nightforce 1-8x should be a winner, it’s smaller and lighter than I expected.
    Bushnell has upped their game across the board, they have some very impressive optics.
    Ets is coming out with mp5 mags which I’m excited for.
    Oh and KAC is offering SR25 uppers in 6.5cm.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Geissele 700 trigger was amazing. I like the two stage version.

They're bring back the 44 Automag, the sexiest "Super Pistol" ever made. The machine work is exquisite. Big Thunder lives!

Brownell's retro ARs are very cool.

Sig 365. A ten shot 9mm no bigger than a Glock 43. 12 shot extended mags optional. The most size efficient handgun in its category.

Large selection of night vision & thermal imaging optics looking better than ever.

Getting to meet some terrific people.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Geissele 700 trigger was amazing. I like the two stage version.

They're bring back the 44 Automag, the sexiest "Super Pistol" ever made. The machine work is exquisite. Big Thunder lives!

Brownell's retro ARs are very cool.

Sig 365. A ten shot 9mm no bigger than a Glock 43. 12 shot extended mags optional. The most size efficient handgun in its category.

Large selection of night vision & thermal imaging optics looking better than ever.

Getting to meet some terrific people.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    The KAC LAMG was pretty smooth shooting.

Shot an Ultimax 100 several times 15+ years ago ago ( former employer had one )

So hard to compare exactly, but IIRC they had a man sized silhuette target at 100, really easy to keep it on that off hand.

Another name to keep in mind, True Velocity

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    The KAC LAMG was pretty smooth shooting.

Shot an Ultimax 100 several times 15+ years ago ago ( former employer had one )

So hard to compare exactly, but IIRC they had a man sized silhuette target at 100, really easy to keep it on that off hand.

Another name to keep in mind, True Velocity
    https://www.knightarmco.com/12627/shop/military/lamg

Is that how they had it set up? The rear sights seem too far back? Nice little concept.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This was my first SHOTSHOW. Overwhelmed. Great experience, but literally, all work for 4 days, and walking and walking.

Two biggest observations:

1) .224 Valkyire. Everywhere. I did not know I needed one until I got to SHOT and every gun manufacturer wanted to talk about it.
    2) Year of the short-dot. Some really great short range scopes: 1-4x, 1-6x, 1-8x, etc. The good scope makers had them on display, and some moderately priced as well. I liked what I saw.

Here is a few blog entries, if anyone reads that sort of stuff. For me, these were my first blogs, so I had fun.

https://charliescustomclones.com/blogs/shot-show

Feedback Score
    Did anyone happen to play with the 10mm Noveske PDW? I only saw one video mention it, and a few websites, but nothing notable. I have a Q Honey Badger in NFA jail, so the stock is familiar, and I love PCC's. I was just wondering what others thought of it. It is supposed to be released by end of Q1.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon01 View Post
    Did anyone happen to play with the 10mm Noveske PDW? I only saw one video mention it, and a few websites, but nothing notable. I have a Q Honey Badger in NFA jail, so the stock is familiar, and I love PCC's. I was just wondering what others thought of it. It is supposed to be released by end of Q1.
    I like it a lot. I've been checking Noveske's site daily so I can order as soon as it populates
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast