Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rugged releases Micro30 db numbers

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Double tap..
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 03-14-18 at 17:55.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Haven't gotten out to shoot it yet, but did get some time today to handle it. Soon as my Q the fix 308 hits the door I'm going to put this on it in the short configuration and see what it does as a LW rigs. Also may put it on the SR25 APC to see what difference I see between this and the KAC QDC on there now. So many things I want to try this thing on. Also I may send a few rounds through it with my 300wsm for grins. Handling it in the short configuration felt like a SOCOM 5.56 mini!!!!

IMG_20180314_101247.jpg
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 03-14-18 at 17:56.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Curious to see how you perceive the db suppression of the Micro30 vs other suppressors.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingHunter View Post
    Curious to see how you perceive the db suppression of the Micro30 vs other suppressors.
    I'll let you know. Going to be at least a week. I have Surefire, KAC, and TB .30 cans I can compare to. Could do some compairson to many other 5.56 cans but I don't have plans to buy 1/2x28 muzzle devices.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    I'll let you know. Going to be at least a week. I have Surefire, KAC, and TB .30 cans I can compare to. Could do some compairson to many other 5.56 cans but I don't have plans to buy 1/2x28 muzzle devices.
    Think you can get some footage of the comparison? There's absolutely nothing out there on the Micro 30...

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlequin_Forest View Post
    Think you can get some footage of the comparison? There's absolutely nothing out there on the Micro 30...
    I will try to get some video... But it wont be side to side with anything the same, so not sure how good of a comparison that will be.

On another note, it is looking like I wont be able to use it on a SR25 as the FH Rugged offers wont work to mount it off the muzzle of the barrel. They dont offer a 3/4x24 muzzle brake. Their FH needs a collar to mount up against so they say..

Feedback Score
    Any update on this can?
    Last edited by hermanpiwi; 03-26-18 at 11:26.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My partner at Mammoth shot with his 6.5 creedmoor bolt gun and the short configuration Micro 30. I was running a SilencerCo Saker 762 shooting 308. His was noticeably louder, but not unpleasant like a SilencerCo Hybrid on a 308 bolt. Our communication was still easy with both of us being suppressed.

I was very impressed for the size of the can how well it performed.

The hybrid comparison comes from working at an SOT that has long range days where we bring customers pending cans out with us. A cool chance to hear a bunch of cans on the same day.
    Former Colorado State Director, Students for Concealed Carry
    concealedcampus.org

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    What’s the latest JW?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I will try to get some video... But it wont be side to side with anything the same, so not sure how good of a comparison that will be.

On another note, it is looking like I wont be able to use it on a SR25 as the FH Rugged offers wont work to mount it off the muzzle of the barrel. They dont offer a 3/4x24 muzzle brake. Their FH needs a collar to mount up against so they say..
    So I sent my KAC APC upper to Rugged for them to do some testing on their 3/4x24 muzzle devices to make sure they work with the KAC barrels. I'll get a free MD out of the deal and hope this helps speed the process up for compatible muzzle devices and KAC guns. They said they would be offering up a smaller run of KAC muzzle devices if their existing 3/4x24 doesn't work. Just some info if anyone else was looking to throw one of these on an ACC or lighter weight 308 KAC rifle.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast