Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rugged releases Micro30 db numbers

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Thanks for all the details JW. I’m definitely interested how it performs on a 5.56 gas gun if that’s what you’ll test it on.

My use would be to pull double duty on a 5.56 SBR and a 20+” 6.5 CM bolt gun that I’ll be building soon. I like the idea of adjusting the length based on “mission” but I’m just worried that the micro configuration won’t perform and I’ll end up just using the full configuration all the time anyway...in which case I’d probably just go with a different suppressor to start with.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    Thanks for all the details JW. I’m definitely interested how it performs on a 5.56 gas gun if that’s what you’ll test it on.

My use would be to pull double duty on a 5.56 SBR and a 20+” 6.5 CM bolt gun that I’ll be building soon. I like the idea of adjusting the length based on “mission” but I’m just worried that the micro configuration won’t perform and I’ll end up just using the full configuration all the time anyway...in which case I’d probably just go with a different suppressor to start with.
    I hear ya. I have the 22 inch 6.5 Bartlein barrel for that gun with a rugged brake I just put on to test it out. I'll see what that looks like. I would have a side by side with that as I have a few buddies with TB Cans and same barrel length 6.5cm guns. I think once we get into the longer barrel lengths it's going to preform better.

If I had a 5.56 1/2x28 muzzle device I could test it side by side with the surefire mini and also the KAC QDC CQB on 11.5 SBRs. If the rugged was out of jail, I could do night fire testing and all that. Probably a few more months...

If all else fails I'll toss it on one of my lighter weight hunting rigs and that will at least tone down the blast.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 05-25-18 at 07:50.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Anymore info on this? I am thinking about getting a Micro 30

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I finally did a little side by side with the micro 30 against a mini RC and Kac QDC CQB. I will have to say that the micro 30 in the short config is not up to par on a KAC 11.5 5.56 with mk262 ammo as the KAC and Surefire. While I only had the .30 Cal end cap, so take that into consideration. The Micro 30 put out 10x the flash as the other two. Also by far the loudest to my ears. I was shooting at night so it was easy to tell who the clear winners were for flash. KAC and Surefire. While it's still a good can for being short and light, I don't see any advantage using it on a 5.56 vs the Surefire and KAC. This was also tested in a 11.5 SBR. So on a 16 inch gun with the 5.56 cap, results may vary.

I feel it's best suited on a 308 16" MWS or other large frame gas gun. It currently sits on my 300 PRC bolt gun in the short config just to keep down the muzzle blast. I also tested it in full size against the m42k and also the full size surefire RC, and to me, the 5.56 cans were still obviously better. The Rugged did have little to know blow back and that was a plus, similar to the RC.

For a 16 to 20" 308 hard use gun, this is a great choice. But it does fall a little short on the 5.56 offerings. As expected.

Any questions shoot them my way.

The rugged had the cover on it as I didn't feel like unstringing it.

IMG_20190202_131218.jpg
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 02-02-19 at 17:44.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    The only thing I don't like about my Razor is the flash; wish they'd offer a flash hider endcap. Not surprised that the Micro 30 does that as well.

For general use I'll take less backpressure over less noise just about any day.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boltcatch View Post
    The only thing I don't like about my Razor is the flash; wish they'd offer a flash hider endcap. Not surprised that the Micro 30 does that as well.

For general use I'll take less backpressure over less noise just about any day.
    I've emailed Rugged asking them to make one. Said they've talked about it.

Dead Air has different threads on the end cap unfortunately , was hoping I could run theirs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    I finally did a little side by side with the micro 30 against a mini RC and Kac QDC CQB. I will have to say that the micro 30 in the short config is not up to par on a KAC 11.5 5.56 with mk262 ammo as the KAC and Surefire. While I only had the .30 Cal end cap, so take that into consideration. The Micro 30 put out 10x the flash as the other two. Also by far the loudest to my ears. I was shooting at night so it was easy to tell who the clear winners were for flash. KAC and Surefire. While it's still a good can for being short and light, I don't see any advantage using it on a 5.56 vs the Surefire and KAC. This was also tested in a 11.5 SBR. So on a 16 inch gun with the 5.56 cap, results may vary.

I feel it's best suited on a 308 16" MWS or other large frame gas gun. It currently sits on my 300 PRC bolt gun in the short config just to keep down the muzzle blast. I also tested it in full size against the m42k and also the full size surefire RC, and to me, the 5.56 cans were still obviously better. The Rugged did have little to know blow back and that was a plus, similar to the RC.

For a 16 to 20" 308 hard use gun, this is a great choice. But it does fall a little short on the 5.56 offerings. As expected.

IMG_20190202_131218.jpg
    Not up to par. Huh. Damn. Oh well. I guess we can’t really complain. There are a lot of great cans out there to choose from.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

IMG_20190202_131218.jpg
    Thanks for the feedback. Looks like I'll move forward with the new Radiant.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

IMG_20190202_131218.jpg
    When you say Surefire Mini RC, are you talking about the Mini 2? I'm interested in your analysis as I am in the market for my first can. My professional experience is exclusive to surefire. Great cans! However, when I am flipping the bill for a personal purchase, I was wondering if the Micro 30 might be a jack of all trades, master of none for my first stamp (covering down on my 308, 300blk, and 556 rigs). Then making that dedicated 556 purchase down the road at some point.

It's unfortunate there is no flash hider end cap for Rugged cans at the moment. Also, I am still interested in seeing independent at the ear numbers on the Micro 30. In the comments for the SS video on the Micro 30, SS says they didn't list the at ear numbers because they didn't have the at ear mic on hand that day. Strange.

I think if the Micro 30 does everything that the Sandman S and K do in terms of back pressure and sound while being lighter, shorter, and one stamp. The Micro 30 might still have my attention.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345