Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Solo: A Star Wars Story

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I agree. Zombieland would've been 50 shades of gay were it not for Woody Harrelson.

He is the only actor living who could shout "Thank God for rednecks" over Van Halen while magdumping an SMG without sounding like Jeff Foxworthy and still having the scene appear anthemic.

As for Hunger Games, I liked Battle Royale better.

Still I sat through every lame movie opening night (was dragged by chicky snack) and yet, Jena Malone and Michelle Forbes were criminally underused

Feedback Score
    These ‘stand-alone’ stories, to me, are cleaner and tell better stories because they aren’t concerned with moving the story forward. They have an on ramp and an off ramp that they have to hit, but in-between they can chart their own course. That leads to better story telling and character development and utilization. Rouge One was second to ANH in my opinion. I have low expectations for this. To reboot a character like Solo with someone else is really hard.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I honestly wasn't looking forward this this, but the trailer has changed that.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    After watching the full trailer I’d say with Woody Harrelson added to the cast it might remind me of The Hunger Games, which was pretty lame.
    Correction- the *first* Hunger Games movies was pretty good (and somewhat timely if you watched between the lines a bit). The rest were "meh", with the exception that MockingJay 1 triggered the hell out of the SJW crowd when it came out, when folks started doing the "hold up 3 fingers" thing everywhere and it got picked up by the 3%er crowd. Then suddenly it was a horrible film glorifying rebellion against the correct order of things... good times...

Back on topic... I'm actually pretty excited for this one, and all I have to say is it had BETTER be at least as good as Rogue one was.... If they can't at least keep the standalone movies on track, I have my doubts about any future SW movies coming out under Disney...
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's going to suck.

If they don't manage to mess up young Solo's awesome swagger it will just make it harder to believe that Darth emo-boy is his son.

Plus Calrissian will have to be all SJW and teach Solo how to check his white privilege.

And to top it all off there needs to be some unknown "strong female" character added, that otherwise doesn't really seem to fit the story.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    It's going to suck.

If they don't manage to mess up young Solo's awesome swagger it will just make it harder to believe that Darth emo-boy is his son.

Plus Calrissian will have to be all SJW and teach Solo how to check his white privilege.

And to top it all off there needs to be some unknown "strong female" character added, that otherwise doesn't really seem to fit the story.
    Geez, what a Debbie Downer. But you are probably right....
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    It's going to suck.

Can we leave the race bullsh!t out of Star Wars threads? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    From the previews the story looks good....however, I don’t see any of Harrison fords swagger in the actor portraying Han Solo. I think that is something you have to be able to capture, would be the same thing with Indiana Jones.

I did notice that old Ron Howard was able to slip his brother in the movie...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Can we leave the race bullsh!t out of Star Wars threads? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    I agree. Like I never wanted to verbalize as such but it gets lame esp. in a movie universe with aliens.

BUT WITH THAT SAID The Young Lando looks kinda lame. He just doesn't seem as slick as Billy Dee Williams.

Maybe his personality will come out in the movie but still. I sorta want this to be like a Buddy Cop style dynamic with young Han and Lando. Nothing "self aware" but kinda like Miami Vice before it got lame.

And Lando should have a space sawed off shotgun.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    From the previews the story looks good....however, I don’t see any of Harrison fords swagger in the actor portraying Han Solo. I think that is something you have to be able to capture, would be the same thing with Indiana Jones.

I did notice that old Ron Howard was able to slip his brother in the movie...
    Han did shoot first.....
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast