Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Razor GenII or Nightforce ATACR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Razor GenII or Nightforce ATACR

I’m getting back into precision bolt guns in the near future. Ive got the rifles down to a short list but I’m having an issue deciding on a scope.

My two main choices are a Razor 4.5-27 or a Nightforce ATACR F1 5-25. With Le/mil pricing they are within a couple hundred bucks of each other.

Is there a reason to go with one over the other? I have a little bit of hands on experience with both and like both.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have the Razor and I really enjoy it. I will say that it is heavy but it’s built like a tank. The turrets are very good and the zero stop allows for .5 mil pas zero.

If you want a Razor go over to snipershide and they sell for $1800 on the low end to $2050 for the high end.

They are always for sale and most people are getting the Mil with the EBR-2C reticle.

I have only spent a little bit of time with that Nightforce and to me it looked hazy but it wasn’t my scope. It might have had dirty lenses. The other I have spent some time behind was a beast and that’s just a whole another animal.

I’m sure either one will work very well for you and I would pick what you can get the cheapest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Both are wonderful optics. However, the Vortex is ridiculously heavy and dare I say, lower quality. Heavy scopes are not necessarily more durable.

While I don’t currently own a NF, I’d go with a FFP ATACR of the two you’ve listed. The turrets are a better design, the size and weight is better, and NF has a track record for durability.

As far as glass quality, NF glass tends to have a pale bias while Vortex tends to use coatings to make colors stand out more. Resolution is fairly similar with perhaps a bit of an edge toward the NF. Many perceive glass with more color to be “better” when they peer through it but that is somewhat deceptive.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What about the Nightforce turrets are better?
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Easier to set. Windage is also capped which is a big plus. The “feel”, subjective, I know, I’d smoother and easier to read. Both are quality optics but I’d give the edge to the NF.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    NF.

Reasons:
    1- NF makes a high quality product that is trusted not only in competition circles, but deployed professional application as well.
    2- Adjustments are as perfect as you can get in a production mechanical product.
    3- Excellent zero stop feature.
    4- Tremor 3 reticle availability. All other reticles pale in comparison.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Cgrunt, go to any of your local PRS event and see what the most popular scope is. The competition guys are harder on their equipment then just about anyone on the planet and if it holds up to them it will hold up to just about anything.

Again if money is an object I would take what you can get cheaper.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Any reason you did not add a Kahles 624i SKMR3 to the list? I have found that short of the TT525p that the Kahles is superior to both the NF and Razor. I have all 4 optics I have mentioned here.. It would be my pick. And I think most would agree that have used said above. Snipers Hide would be the place I would poke around on for more options on high quality glass.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    NF.

Reasons:
    1- NF makes a high quality product that is trusted not only in competition circles, but deployed professional application as well.
    2- Adjustments are as perfect as you can get in a production mechanical product.
    3- Excellent zero stop feature.
    4- Tremor 3 reticle availability. All other reticles pale in comparison.
    I have seen the Razor Gen IIs do incredible things, work incredibly well, and be durable as hell. Think uncased Ruger RPR in the back of a Wrangler for about 3 hours on rough offroad terrain (whoop-dees, washboard, shit falling all over the damn place) and still make a first round hit at 1,200 yards. I know Geissele loves the Gen2 Razors. I know they are even being used in HSLD environments.

But the answer here is clear.

ATACR

C-Grunt, do not be the guy who passes up the Mercedes-Benz S Class for the fully loaded Hyundai Genesis.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 02-06-18 at 06:20.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I have seen the Razor Gen IIs do incredible things, work incredibly well, and be durable as hell. Think uncased Ruger RPR in the back of a Wrangler for about 3 hours on rough offroad terrain (whoop-dees, washboard, shit falling all over the damn place) and still make a first round hit at 1,200 yards. I know Geissele loves the Gen2 Razors. I know they are even being used in HSLD environments.

But the answer here is clear.

ATACR

C-Grunt, do not be the guy who passes up the Mercedes-Benz S Class for the fully loaded Hyundai Genesis.
    Vortexmasterrace

But the NF looks pretty dope though

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast