G&R Tactical

Thread: 7.62 mm SPR's?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question 7.62 mm SPR's?

first off, while i love my carbines, i'm a bolt gun guy for longer distances (>200 yds).

looking at SPR's (buy before the ban) ... i think i've sworn off Knight's ... and the AR10 was recommended.

anything else i should be looking at? maybe other calibers?

thanks!

-slut
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilson View Post
    Geesh! $$$$ Someone tell me if these things are worth it? I have that much in my bolt gun but.. it's a bolt gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    first off, while i love my carbines, i'm a bolt gun guy for longer distances (>200 yds).

looking at SPR's (buy before the ban) ... i think i've sworn off Knight's ... and the AR10 was recommended.

anything else i should be looking at? maybe other calibers?

thanks!

-slut

By far the best option in cost and performance out there right now is the DPMS SASS. Cryo barrel option is a must. Will hold it's own with your bolt gun out to 800 yards.

There are only three types: Trained, Un-trained or JAFO.
    Which one are you?

Feedback Score
    Have you looked at GA Precision's AR10 rifles?

GAP AR10
    I just did two lines of powdered wig powder, cranked up some Lee Greenwood, and recited the BoR. - Outlander Systems

I'm a professional WAGer - WillBrink /// "Comey is a smarmy, self righteous mix of J. Edgar Hoover and a gay Lurch from the "Adams Family"." -Averageman

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    DPMS makes a damn accurate rifle out of box. Very good pricing too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I also have to recommend DPMS. They catch a lot of flak on they're AR15's, but they make a top notch AR10.. out of the box accuracy seems to be better than even KAC's on average.
    Mine started as a plain LR-308, w/ 24" SS bull barrel. I added a Magpul PRS stock, Badger Ordnance stabilizer handguard, and a PSG-1 style grip. It shoots (on average) .75 MOA on factory match ammo (.88 on M118 LR) , and easily approaches .50 MOA on my handloads. That's excellent for a semi-auto. I intend on adding a 18" SASS type barrel to save weight, if I ever get the funds.
    Otherwise, if I were totally against DPMS products, a friend of mine recently purchased an Armalite Super-SASS, and it is un-freaking-believable! I remember the first day he got it, we took it to the range just to try it out, and she shot .65" (100m) on el-cheapo' Remington 150gr. Core-Lokt hunting ammo lol.. we immediately went home and loaded some 168 and 175 SMK's and got it down into shooting .3 - .4" 5 shot groups... probably can do better, for some reason when we shoot it, the first 3 shots all go into the same hole (.15 - .25"), and we get all excited and pull the next two lol. It is also well worth it's price, and it has a much better barrel than the DPMS.
    "A government big enough to give you what you want, is strong enough to take what you have." -T. Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up

hmmm, this is going to be fun. thanks for all the feedback!
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    I second the AR 10 from Ga. Precision. They make a quality product at a fair price.

I also like the KAC SR 25. If you can find one?
    Cold Zero