Thread: 7.62 mm SPR's?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Question 7.62 mm SPR's?

first off, while i love my carbines, i'm a bolt gun guy for longer distances (>200 yds).

looking at SPR's (buy before the ban) ... i think i've sworn off Knight's ... and the AR10 was recommended.

anything else i should be looking at? maybe other calibers?

thanks!

-slut
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilson View Post
    Geesh! $$$$ Someone tell me if these things are worth it? I have that much in my bolt gun but.. it's a bolt gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    first off, while i love my carbines, i'm a bolt gun guy for longer distances (>200 yds).

looking at SPR's (buy before the ban) ... i think i've sworn off Knight's ... and the AR10 was recommended.

anything else i should be looking at? maybe other calibers?

thanks!

-slut

By far the best option in cost and performance out there right now is the DPMS SASS. Cryo barrel option is a must. Will hold it's own with your bolt gun out to 800 yards.

There are only three types: Trained, Un-trained or JAFO.
    Which one are you?

Feedback Score
    Have you looked at GA Precision's AR10 rifles?

GAP AR10
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    DPMS makes a damn accurate rifle out of box. Very good pricing too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I also have to recommend DPMS. They catch a lot of flak on they're AR15's, but they make a top notch AR10.. out of the box accuracy seems to be better than even KAC's on average.
    Mine started as a plain LR-308, w/ 24" SS bull barrel. I added a Magpul PRS stock, Badger Ordnance stabilizer handguard, and a PSG-1 style grip. It shoots (on average) .75 MOA on factory match ammo (.88 on M118 LR) , and easily approaches .50 MOA on my handloads. That's excellent for a semi-auto. I intend on adding a 18" SASS type barrel to save weight, if I ever get the funds.
    Otherwise, if I were totally against DPMS products, a friend of mine recently purchased an Armalite Super-SASS, and it is un-freaking-believable! I remember the first day he got it, we took it to the range just to try it out, and she shot .65" (100m) on el-cheapo' Remington 150gr. Core-Lokt hunting ammo lol.. we immediately went home and loaded some 168 and 175 SMK's and got it down into shooting .3 - .4" 5 shot groups... probably can do better, for some reason when we shoot it, the first 3 shots all go into the same hole (.15 - .25"), and we get all excited and pull the next two lol. It is also well worth it's price, and it has a much better barrel than the DPMS.
    "A government big enough to give you what you want, is strong enough to take what you have." -T. Jefferson

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up

hmmm, this is going to be fun. thanks for all the feedback!
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    I second the AR 10 from Ga. Precision. They make a quality product at a fair price.

I also like the KAC SR 25. If you can find one?
    Cold Zero