Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help cleaning RMR Lens

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Help cleaning RMR Lens

I was shooting with NV a while back. I probably shot 400 rounds suppressed of Speer 147gr Lawman through my G19 w/ RMR on top.

I was using the Surefire X400V IR laser so I wasn't looking through the RMR and didn't see how dirty it was until I got home when it looked like this.

I sprayed it with alcohol-free glass cleaner and lightly wiped it with a microfiber towel. I then used a Trijicon lens pen to get the edges. It still looks bad and is not 100% clear, especially around the edges. I'll try to get an updated pic of it up tomorrow.

Anyone have any tips for what to do in this situation?
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I believe people use toothpaste to clean WML lenses, maybe give that a shot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    93 (100%)
    Man, that is some serious crud. I wonder if something like Vortex anti-fog lens cleaner might help in future. The ani-fog is supposed to last 7 days. Might be a decent release agent between the lens and crud. Another idea would be Rain-X. I’be chicken to try anything abrasive with that much grit until last resort.
    “ When I comes to modern politics, I think the inverse of Hanlon's Razor applies...In other words, "Never attribute to stupidity that which is adequately explained by malice." - Kerplode

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Break Free...just kidding don’t do that.

I would try the toothpaste, and then use a dishwasher glass cleaner like Finish, same I do to my flashlights. That normally gets them damn near perfect.

I’ve never tried it on anything with a coated lens so I would be hesitate, depends on how desperate you are.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Holster up and take a shower. Resist the urge to be a naked gunslinger. The floor is slippery.

Feedback Score

Help cleaning RMR Lens

Google pencil eraser cleaning lens. Lots of gun guys reference it working well on various forms. My buddies at Surefire turned me on to it. Works good for me.
    Last edited by user; 02-06-18 at 11:20.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdaphil View Post
    Man, that is some serious crud. I wonder if something like Vortex anti-fog lens cleaner might help in future. The ani-fog is supposed to last 7 days. Might be a decent release agent between the lens and crud. Another idea would be Rain-X. I’be chicken to try anything abrasive with that much grit until last resort.
    Silicon grease to prevent.
    Soak in Fireclean to remove (seriously, it's the best carbon slayer I've found that isn't "hostile"...chemically.)

Feedback Score
    Toothpaste is abrasive. I wouldnt do that, personally. I use mpro 7 and qtips, but never had it that bad.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just want to say bravo for getting it that dirty.

Ask trijicon and send them a pic lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    This is why the Meprolight MicroRDS is better. QD mount baby.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/11/30...ng-early-2018/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast