Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help cleaning RMR Lens

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    This is why the Meprolight MicroRDS is better. QD mount baby.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/11/30...ng-early-2018/
    LOL alright then.

Q-tips and erasers generally work, however of course Euro has the filthiest RMR I have ever seen
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Euro, this place is starting to look like rimfirecentral... Dumbasses posting solutions for problems they have never dealt with. Soap, water and a medium toothbrush will solve your problem.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    This is why the Meprolight MicroRDS is better. QD mount baby.

http://www.alloutdoor.com/2017/11/30...ng-early-2018/
    Two in a row. Do you work for Meprolight?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Euro, this place is starting to look like rimfirecentral... Dumbasses posting solutions for problems they have never dealt with. Soap, water and a medium toothbrush will solve your problem.
    I’ve tried lens cleaner solution and a microfiber. I got it looking ok, but the edges are still messed up. It looks like there’s spider cracks all along the edges. I’ve tried the eraser. The lens pen. The lens cleaner. My finger nails. I can’t make it go away. It’s shootable now, but it’s borderline unacceptable.

I’ll get a pic up soon.

I forgot to mention I was also shooting in the rain. So I’m sure that didn’t help.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Two in a row. Do you work for Meprolight?
    No, but I visited their factory last December and get to play with their stuff at the range.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a similar situation with an Inforce wml after a carbine course. I tried the toothpaste route and cleaner with minimal success. What worked for me was a small blade to scrape the carbon off. It didn't seem to scratch the lense, but I'm not recommending this on the rmr as the lense is a different material I assume. Just my experience.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    FYI...the FAQ section on the Trijicon site recommends the below. I thought that "car wax" sounded a bit odd but maybe it works when things get really crudy.

(It's about the tenth question down)
    https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/support/faq_RMR.php

How should I clean the lens of my Trijicon RMR sight?

We suggest that you used compressed air to remove any large debris to avoid scratching the lens. Once clear of debris, use an ordinary glass cleaner or car wax. A mild plastic polish will remove minor swirl type scratching. It is important to avoid the use of any strong solvents like lacquer thinner or bore cleaner near the lens as they will damage the lens coatings. Use of a motorized polishing device on the lens will also cause damage to the unit’s lens.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I recommend avoiding abrasives, like toothpaste, on coated optic lenses.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I cannot get this ring of carbon staining off my RMR. It’s quite annoying.

Am I the only one shooting hundreds of rounds suppressed through a handgun with an RMR? Someone’s gotta know how to fix this.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Not shooting suppressed, just comp’d, but shooting lots of rounds, and I get quite a bit of crap on my RMR...I put Catcrap on the lens and it seems to be pretty good at providing a barrier between the crud and lens...after 2-300 rds, the carbon and other crud wipes off pretty easily.

Perhaps try a pencil eraser similar to what Surefire recommends for cleaning light lenses?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast