Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Browning Gets Serious--Launches TL-30 Safe

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I like that there's a tip hazard warning on it. There is no realistic way to tip that thing over without the right tools and/or strong people.

As to where to install it? A concrete slab is really your only option.

If you're serious about a TL15 or TL30 (or want to be a high roller and get a TL30x6), check your area for someone that sells used jewelry safes. You can find them for less than half the cost of buying new. You'll have to build/finish the interior, but that means you can customize it to your exact collection. And forget electronic locks. Stick with a good old mechanical lock.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasGunNut View Post
    I have been seriously impressed with my Sturdy Gun safe. Made in USA (Well almost...it’s made in CA) and a solid slab of metal.
    I like Sturdy, too. But they are not TL rated. They are not even certified as an RSC. Granted, the RSC standard appears to be fairly low and there safes would probably pass.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I like that there's a tip hazard warning on it. There is no realistic way to tip that thing over without the right tools and/or strong people.

As to where to install it? A concrete slab is really your only option.

If you're serious about a TL15 or TL30 (or want to be a high roller and get a TL30x6), check your area for someone that sells used jewelry safes. You can find them for less than half the cost of buying new. You'll have to build/finish the interior, but that means you can customize it to your exact collection. And forget electronic locks. Stick with a good old mechanical lock.
    From what I'm seeing, most of these used TL safes offer little in the way of fire protection.

I guess it is all a trade-off. Do you want security and theft protection or insulation and fire resistance?

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Does anyone make a TL30 safe for guys who have just a few rifles and a life?

A 18x18” footprint is really all I need. I can’t imagine that weighing a ton (literally)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Does anyone make a TL30 safe for guys who have just a few rifles and a life?

A 18x18” footprint is really all I need. I can’t imagine that weighing a ton (literally)
    I haven't seen anything that small. At least not anything that will work for rifles. I'm afraid the problem will be internal useful space. Anything with an 18X18 footprint will probably only be 12X12 or so inside.

http://www.amsecusa.com/high-securit...mposite-safes/

Feedback Score
    My favorite uncle was a watchmaker and jeweler. I remember a safe similar to the one in this link. I have no idea what brand or what it weighed but I remember it being much smaller inside than outside.
    NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member
    Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.
    Common sense is only right wing if you are too far to the left.
    A pistol without a round chambered is an intricate paperweight.
    Stop trying so hard to be offended.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    How the hell do you get 3,100lbs into your house? Sounds like you have to build your house around this.
    The same way pyramids were built. A few rollers and it'll move fairly easy. The biggest thing is the physical dimensions to get through doorways and halls.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    From what I'm seeing, most of these used TL safes offer little in the way of fire protection.

I guess it is all a trade-off. Do you want security and theft protection or insulation and fire resistance?

You definitely have to do your research. My amvault is rated for two hours at 1850 degrees, with internal temp below 350, for instance.

You can have your cake and eat it, too, but it will be expensive.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    it will be expensive.
    That's what I find appealing about this Bronwing although I'm not too keen on the idea of Chinese gun safes.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I like Sturdy, too. But they are not TL rated. They are not even certified as an RSC. Granted, the RSC standard appears to be fairly low and there safes would probably pass.
    True, but given the specs on their product they appear to exceed RSC standards. Since I didn’t need fire protection they fit the bill perfectly.
    “Beware unearned wisdom.” Jung

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast