Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Chronograph to buy? Recommendations.

Feedback Score
    I've had an Oehler 33 for many years and a PACT (not sure of model #) that has an integral printer. Both have served me well. Usually use the PACT since it prints.

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't get one that has the guts in the firing path. Seen and heard of too many OOOPS! Better to get one that just has the screens out front. Also, just the muzzle blast from some guns can give erroneous readings and even damage the unit if it's too close.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use a shooting chrony and it works well.

Feedback Score
    I've had success with my ProChrono.... I bought it on amazon.. fast shipping, and even faster returns if it doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    A shooting chrony will get you reliable data and last for years....what do you want?

Feedback Score
    I have a chrono pro. And honestly, it’s nothing but a pain in the ass at best. I’ve seen reading saying 77gr hpbt were going 9500fps. It is cloud sensitive, and god forbid you need to shoot in the wind, it’ll just blow over.

I’m either going to buy a magnatospeed v3 or Labradar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    I have a chrono pro. And honestly, it’s nothing but a pain in the ass...

It is cloud sensitive, and god forbid you need to shoot in the wind, it’ll just blow over.

I have a ProChrono, and it's been terrific.

I always use the "sky screens," and I've never had a problem with it not picking up shots.

If yours is blowing over in the wind, then it sounds like you just need a better tripod...

Also, I now have ProChrono's bluetooth set-up, so it talks with my iPhone, which can then e-mail me the data as an MS Excel spreadsheet. Awesome.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    I have a ProChrono, and it's been terrific.

I always use the "sky screens," and I've never had a problem with it not picking up shots.

If yours is blowing over in the wind, then it sounds like you just need a better tripod...

Also, I now have ProChrono's bluetooth set-up, so it talks with my iPhone, which can then e-mail me the data as an MS Excel spreadsheet. Awesome.
    I really wish I had the Blue tooth. It looks like they dont sell it anymore. My Pro has worked pretty well. Sometimes it misses shots, but it has been critical for us in load development. My Riflesmith puts more influence in SD's than group sizes, "the numbers don't lie".

When we shot the Bergara with a 5 shot group with 230 A-tips, and a SD of 4, we knew we had problem with the gun since it was not grouping. It was cheap rings as you know if you saw our thread in Precision rifle forum. I cant imagine not having a chrono if you hand load.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I really wish I had the Blue tooth. It looks like they dont sell it anymore.

Oh, yeah... Now they just upsell you to the "DLX":

http://www.competitionelectronics.co...prochrono-dlx/

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I’ve had a CE ProChrono Digital for years. It’s been trouble free and super reliable. I don’t have any of the digital stuff setup with it but it’s been great. Take the battery out between uses if you only use it occasionally and it’ll be great. They’re not that expensive either.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast