Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: anyone willing to test a Bolt Carrier

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    BCG experts... nitrided bolts gtg or no? I think I read somewhere that nitriding makes the material harder on the surface, but more brittle. I have a piston gun that came with a QPQ carrier & fancy electroless nickeled bolt. Also have a toolcraft nitrided bcg, but the bolt (9310) looks like it has the same finish as well. I'm sure toolcraft knows what they are doing, but just wondering.

Feedback Score
    I haven't heard of many issues with nitride bolts that I can recall. I have read issues with 9310 bolts breaking because they need to be heat treated correctly or they become more brittle.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    QPQ doesn't go very deep. It is also used on airplane, HP engines, and space vehicles.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Pretty soon, I have one prototype made already which I am going to do a video comparing my design to the current buffer system. I wont actually show the individual components or sub-assemblies, obviously for trademark and patent reasons but will give people a general idea on how quiet my system is compared to a standard system.

The prototype I have which I refer to as the "X-1", because its my first prototype but mainly, "X-1" just sounds awesome hasn't made it to the testing phase. The Reactive Buffer System™ X-1 has non commercial springs, which I had made from SpringCo., and the hydraulic pistol assembly was made by my company, over a year ago. The piston assembly is a bronze clad stainless- which we did in house and used in many of our hydraulic systems. The bronze overlay design lengthens your operational lifetime almost 200%. Now I am having to find someone who can replicate this. I am hoping to have 20 built this summer and ready for user trial.

Just to give you an idea of how small the check vales are:
    Attachment 51936

The relief valve:
    Attachment 51937
    I’m in if you need a tester

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Torquetard View Post
    BCG experts... nitrided bolts gtg or no? ......... I'm sure toolcraft knows what they are doing, but just wondering.
    I'm sure they know what they are doing when it comes to Carriers. However, they do not make bolts. Yes, you can buy a BCG packaged as Toolcraft, but Toolcraft outsourced the bolt portion.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thehammer69 View Post
    I'm sure they know what they are doing when it comes to Carriers. However, they do not make bolts. Yes, you can buy a BCG packaged as Toolcraft, but Toolcraft outsourced the bolt portion.
    So who makes their bolts then?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910