Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolves: Controversial Conversation

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    I am more in the mindset of: We have a bear lottery up here that supports and builds habitats, why not perform a lottery that will do the same with the other predatory species.
    I imagine they will when the numbers get big enough.

Kinda like in NJ when they have the bear hunts.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Both of your posts are extremely eye opening and give a youngin' like me a lot more of a foundation to look to. Especially thanks for Glocktogo for the vivid explanation and utilization. It built a lot of good value into your rhetoric.
    I doubt that I’m much older than you if at all, but you’re welcome anyways. Too put my views in a little bit better perspective, I’m a passionate elk hunter and these animals are possibly more affected by wolves than any other species. If I would have a bias, I would think it would be anti-wolf.

While I’ve run snares for wolves, I’ve never set leghold traps for anything. I work in the woods four or five days a week and meet trappers and see their results often as well as being personal friends with more than a few. I’ve also assisted the Game & Fish department in removing bycatch. I’m not saying that it never happens, but I have personally not seen an animal in extreme duress while being held in a leghold trap.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    I am under the impression wolves are endangered? Hence the difference in rules for coyotes vs wolves?
    Not nationwide, no. Certain regional populations may protected such as the Mexican wolf in the Southwest.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    People seem to get really heated about some damn wolves.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    They opened a hunt in northern mi a few years back. I went down state and saw a guy with a sign protesting it and asking for petitions against it. He asked me to sign. I explained how the population had grown rapidly in a small area and they were causing problems. I asked him if he would like them relocated to his backyard. He then told me he didn't care about wolves and was only doing that to fulfill a community service obligation.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Both of your posts are extremely eye opening and give a youngin' like me a lot more of a foundation to look to. Especially thanks for Glocktogo for the vivid explanation and utilization. It built a lot of good value into your rhetoric.
    You're welcome!
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    People seem to get really heated about some damn wolves.

Very true. Up here if it’s not an ecological argument, it’s usually an excuse to damn the government etc, etc

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My wife hikes the woods with our three Golden Retrievers almost daily, all seasons. She has come across snares, leg holds, and once even a conibear. She has become adept at dismantling these traps, detaching them and pitching them in the nearest swamp or bog.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    My wife hikes the woods with our three Golden Retrievers almost daily, all seasons. She has come across snares, leg holds, and once even a conibear. She has become adept at dismantling these traps, detaching them and pitching them in the nearest swamp or bog.
    Messing with a criminal’s property sounds like a good way to get dead. She can’t report this to Fish & Wildlife?

Feedback Score
    Also ban poisoning. Wolf hunters deserve a clean death.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast