Thread: NPA Question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

NPA Question

I’ve got four IFAK/blowout kits, etc set up, all of which contain a 28 Fr NPA and a small packet of lube in addition to the usual items, TQ, gloves, gauze, hemostatic, chest seals, 4” Izzy, scissors, and Sharpie. I recently unpacked all kits to check them and noticed that the NPAs were all somewhat collapsed where they sit under a strap lengthwise and unfolded in each kit. For what it’s worth, I’m using double magazine pouches with ATS inserts to carry them.

The NPAs pretty much quickly “spring” back and tubes open up when removed, but the horn/trumpet remains somewhat folded and flat. I never thought about this happening, but all other items in the kit seem to be unaffected by storage and ready for business. I should add that I’m not aware of them being subjected to temperature extremes, high or low, for extended periods.

Is this condition of the NPAs reason for concern should I need one for its intended use? Any alternative/better storage suggestions?

TIA!
    Last edited by afff_667; 02-12-18 at 20:20.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. -- Will Rogers