Thread: DD Lite Rails

Feedback Score

DD Lite Rails

What are the differences between the AR15 and AR10 lite rails? They look the same maybe except the barrel nut, looking to see if I can use one on a DPMS .308; since I have 2...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vinesr6
    What are the differences between the AR15 and AR10 lite rails? They look the same maybe except the barrel nut, looking to see if I can use one on a DPMS .308; since I have 2...

Yes you can just be sure to specify that you are going to hook it up to a DPMS so you get the right barrel nut.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I'm 99% sure that an AR10 rail will not work on a DPMS. Different thread sizes on the receiver. IIRC the DPMS is the same as Knights Armament SR25s (Stoner rifles).
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not sure which way your question is headed, as I thought you meant you wanted to use a DD Lite (AR15) rail on an AR10, and that won't work.

If your question was involving the barrel nuts, DD makes two different barrel nuts to accomodate the different styles of .308 weapons (as already posted).
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Damn no joy then, Stick that is exactly what I meant...I thought just getting the right barrel nut is all that's needed.....thanks all.

Feedback Score

The rear section is completely different and not interchangable between 15/10 families.
    The 308 barrel nuts are obviously bigger.
    Seperate barrel nut for Armalite and DPMS.
    Seperate barrel nut wrench for each as well.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru