Thread: AR barrel question

Feedback Score

AR barrel question

Saw one of these in a shop the other day. I think it's sold as a target or match gun. The barrel is a 1/9 HBAR, Wylde-chamber, and (apparently, on this model) non-chromed and non-Nitrided. The rifle is billed as a "1 MOA" gun by Rock River.

Not that your average weekend shooter would wear the barrel out any time soon, but aren't non-treated barrels kind of unusual in the year 2020?

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index....tegory_ID=1838

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Saw one of these in a shop the other day. I think it's sold as a target or match gun. The barrel is a 1/9 HBAR, Wylde-chamber, and (apparently, on this model) non-chromed and non-Nitrided. The rifle is billed as a "1 MOA" gun by Rock River.

Not that your average weekend shooter would wear the barrel out any time soon, but aren't non-treated barrels kind of unusual in the year 2020?

https://www.rockriverarms.com/index....tegory_ID=1838
    If you look at all firearms you will find chromed/treated barrels are actually pretty rare.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Non-treated barrels are common as GH41 stated. The Rock River Arms barrels I've used are capable of 1 MOA with good ammunition. I usually see accuracy change somewhere between 5.000 and 6,500 rounds. Ten shot group size increasing to roughly 2 MOA out to 300 yards is common at that point.

Bear in mind that the A2 in the link won't shoot well if you sling in really hard. You would have to install a free floating barrel sleeve to isolate the barrel from sling tension.
    Last edited by T2C; 01-01-20 at 17:31.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Not rare at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Again , not rare. For that price why not buy a Colt? Colt makes a couple of AR’s. I had one with 24 inch hog of a SS barrel 1/9 with free float rail. only thing I didn’t like was this particular 1/9 didn’t shoot heavies very good. If I remember 55grain max was laser and could go to 62 grain, but didn’t do well with 69’s. Great target plunked but a pig. Or their regular 20’ target guns are nice.

Buy what makes you happy just some alternatives, but if they don’t float your boat.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 01-02-20 at 13:33.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"