Quote Originally Posted by masakari View Post
Each of my kids has a nice stripped lower sitting in the safe.
My son is 5 and likes guns, shooting occasionally since he was 3. His first shots were with a 5.56 AR, but he's also shot other rifles, and an M&P9 Shield.
He just got is his first rifle for Christmas, a Savage Rascal .22.
+1 on both. Although a lower and a drop in auto sear could make you the best parents ever!!! I grabbed a pink rascal for my daughter for $80 new (no-one wanted pink) and I put some proper peeps on it and take it to the range occasionally. Tack driver @ 25 yards, literally 1 hole groups, amazing. Joined an outdoor range and will take her this summer to shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
I bought the Cricket for my daughter first and a Marlin for my son. I never shot either and would not recommend them. There is no traditional safety on the Cricket and the Marlin Safety was a POS bent sheet metal that I didn’t see being handed down. The Savage was solid! I can’t find it now. Looks like the Rascal replaced it. The Rascal is shorter but I liked the wood stock on the one I bought my girls. The Cricket safety is part of the bolt and was nothing I wanted to teach my kids on. I sold both and bought the Savages.
+1 as well, although I never bought the Cricket or Marlin, but was close until I found the Rascal. The difference in quality was very apparent.