Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rifle for baby boy due in June

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Finished putting together this .22LR pistol for my boy last night (was waiting for a part). We're going to break it in tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I bought a nice wood furniture AR-15 for my daughter a few months before she was born last summer.

It’s shoots rubber bands. Still have the maker’s business card if you want the hookup.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    my son just turned 8. he really hasn't shown any interest in shooting, even though he see's me doing gun stuff all the time, i was hoping it would peak his interest. he is also a mamas boy thru and thru. if there is something i like (hockey, motorcycles, guns), he hates it. if there is something i hate (football), he loves it...whatever. i have taken him at least once a year since he was 4. i think the biggest thing for him why he doesn't like it is because he is cross dominant. trying to explain (a few years ago) to a 5 year old cross dominance was pointless lol. but when he does get the chance to peer into my gun safe, he joyfully exclaims he can't wait to shoot my ruger super redhawk hunter in 44mag. for what ever reason, that's his favorite.

i bought him a thompson center hot shot 22 single shot break action. he say's it's too boring and might be another reason why he doesn't like shooting. i may get him a 10/22 or a bolt gun this year if he is mature enough. right now he can't be trusted with more than one round at a time. he's not mature enough for a pistol. i've seen 5 year olds shooting pistols with their fathers, but they have more maturity than my boy. they intently listened to the adult and payed attention. my son is the exact opposite.

i'd be cool to say, "here boy, i bought this for you the day you were born". my son would say, "ok...so???"

i say buy one and give it to him. he may love the fact you did that. you will probably also go out one day to get him his very own in the style he wants or build one together. you never know.

buy one for him. you can't go back in time and say "gee, i really wish i would have done that".

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Finished putting together this .22LR pistol for my boy last night (was waiting for a part). We're going to break it in tomorrow.

What grip is that?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    What grip is that?
    It's a PTS grip. PTS used to make the Magpul-PTS products for airsoft guns, and they now make their own designs. Same material etc. They're only marketed for airsoft/training weapons but some of their products fit real ones. A friend gave me a couple to try out and I put them on range toys.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by corey4 View Post
    my son just turned 8. he really hasn't shown any interest in shooting, even though he see's me doing gun stuff all the time, i was hoping it would peak his interest.
    As I mentioned earlier, I didn't take my son to the range until he asked to go with me, and that was just last year right before he turned 10. I didn't feel that he was mature enough either, so that's why I didn't push it on him. For some things, friends and media are going to influence what our kids like or think is cool more than us. He's finally realizing that I have a lot of cool stuff; stuff that he's been around all his life and never really gave a 2nd glance. Give your son all the time he needs; maybe he'll be interested, maybe not.

Feedback Score
    My sons have been around guns their whole lives. Nerf to airsoft-type to paintballs and finally to the range with some of mine. I got them each an AR-15 for their high school graduations, BCM mid 16 mod 2 for one, Colt Combat Unit Carbine for the other. I've seen cars come and go and other trinkets and hand me downs, but my father has rifles that belonged to his father and his grandfather and that's what I wanted to leave for my boys. Odds are good that if I had purchased when they were born, they'd be a little obsolete by now. This way they got what they wanted and we'll hopefully have a lot of memories around those rifles.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Rifle for baby boy due in June.
    I think it's important to train kids to shoot before they are out of the crib.

(Sorry, your thread title just screamed out for humorous trollage and mirthful asshattery).

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Best advice and early in the thread too. If you just have to buy a firearm, but one you like because odds are against most kids getting in to it unfortunately.
    Probably true, but my kids each have a Colt SOCOM, M1, and Glock 19 'set aside' for them. Yes, I've shot them all, minimally.

Even if they don't shoot, they can be sold if needed.

Feedback Score
    When my sons were born I picked up a lower for each one and then had a personal serial number made. I haven't given them to they yet but will when they are old enough and responsible enough to own a rifle. The oldest has been shooting and I got him started on an m&p 15-22. Real light and the adjustable stock is perfect for the being able to shoot properly from the get go.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast