Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The shotgun as a rifle

Feedback Score
    All wise words, and 100% true.

I suspect that anytime someone calls a shotgun a "riot gun," a small piece of me -- and my friend 26 Inf -- dies inside.

The biggest limitation of the shotgun in law enforcement has never been the gun or the loads; it is the training.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenhawks View Post
    The biggest limitation of the shotgun in law enforcement has never been the gun or the loads; it is the training.
    That is the truest statement you'll read on this forum today!!
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I was shocked how well my 20" 590 put cheap Herters slugs on paper out to 50 yards when I first tried it. I had groups that made adjusting the ghost ring worthwhile.

To be honest, I was expecting groups to be twice the size I got.

Obviously, I don't have a great deal of experience shooting anything but birds and rabbits with a shotgun.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 01-10-19 at 19:52.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The shotgun too has greatly benefited- just as martial handguns and rifles have from advancements in ammunition, operating systems, optics capability, CNC processes , accessories. The first shotgun course I attended in the 90's there were guys running Ithaca 37's (from the 60's) with full power, unbuffered, lead buckshot and foster slugs. They were lucky if the guns had a sling on them! Forget about a light or any sort of sights other than a bead or if you were really lucky and dialed in...rifle sights!

The last shotgun class I was at, about half the guys were shooting Beretta 1301's with optics mounted on them. Their ammo was either Hornady or Federal with the various Flite Control type wads etc.....The guns had interchangeable CHOKES in them instead of "CYL." which dominated previous generations of shotguns.

They are not even the same weapon hardly. It's like comparing a rattle trap WWII 1911 with hardball in it to a M&P Core loaded with HST and with a RMR on it.
    Last edited by Esq.; 01-07-19 at 08:26.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123