Thread: Rituals and warm-ups

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Rituals and warm-ups

What do you do to warm up before you head to a match in the morning? In my case, I shoot IDPA and USPSA, with occasional other disciplines, but I’d be interested in hearing from people with a variety of backgrounds. I’m looking to add to my mornings in a time-efficient manner.

I do (give or take)

10 holster presentations

10 presentations with one dry fire per rep

10 reloads with partially filled mag retained (IDPA only)

10 more presentations with dry fire

I use inert bluegun mags and snap caps, when appropriate.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    -I drag myself out of bed with 3.5 hours of sleep added to the battery.

-Enjoy a tasty bowl of Lucky Charms. Chug a coffee and throw in a fat dip to fast track the ol' guts operation to provide an at home release instead of running stages w/clinched cheeks.

-Dry fire a handful of times at house while dip and coffee are doing their thing.

-Get to range, holster up and get a few more dry fires maybe take a few shots. Meet and greet around, look over my squad list, try to remember the name of the person talking to me who I've met several times, think "Please don't be on my squad" while overhearing a loud mouth Tactical Timmy, listen to safety brief, go to start stage, ask "Who wants to go first?" with no response, shoot first to show it's not scary, rinse and freaking repeat.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post

-Enjoy a tasty bowl of Lucky Charms. Chug a coffee and throw in a fat dip to fast track the ol' guts operation to provide an at home release instead of running stages w/clinched cheeks.

-Dry fire a handful of times at house while dip and coffee are doing their thing.

-Get to range, holster up and get a few more dry fires maybe take a few shots. Meet and greet around, look over my squad list, try to remember the name of the person talking to me who I've met several times, think "Please don't be on my squad" while overhearing a loud mouth Tactical Timmy, listen to safety brief, go to start stage, ask "Who wants to go first?" with no response, shoot first to show it's not scary, rinse and freaking repeat.
    Now this sounds familiar....

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post

A good poop is critical.