Thread: Proud New Father

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Congratulations. Baby's are a wonder.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eguns-com View Post
    Congrats on the dude coming home!

My suggestion:

Get a Maya Wrap (or similar S American style baby sling) (http://www.mayawrap.com/ no I have no interest in the company and get nothing from it) and YOU, the dad, carry the baby when you go out in public.

Your baby will have more than enough attachment to mom as caregiver and milk bottle. If you are the prime carrier in public and use an up close and personal sling like the Maya wrap your kid will develop a strong and close relationship with you.

I am doing this now with our 9 month old daughter and did it with our 5 year old son when he was a baby (up through 18 months or more) and both have very strong daddy attachments and like (as well as mommy).

Plus, your wife carried the baby for 9 months -- now it is your turn...

Don't carry the baby around in the car seat carrier like most people do. That is an impersonal detached way of doing it. The babies like to hear your heart beat and feel your body heat and also smell your smells. (disclaimer: I occasionally do carry the daughter now that she is 9months in the car seat if I stop to pick up milk or something and don't have the sling with me in the truck or car but I try and avoid it in most cases)

Chad
    +1 100%

I'de also like to add you'll get hit in the face with alot of cleavage from all the ladies wanting to see the new baby! WAIT dont call me a pervert yet..... my wife was the one who noticed it not me!

Congrates man! Enjoy him, he is a blessing. I learned with my first that you cannot make up lost time no matter how hard you try! Not just time but Quality time.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by dsmguy7; 02-06-22 at 10:31.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345