Thread: 3 Gun Style Build

Feedback Score

3 Gun Style Build

I've been lurking and reading for a while so I figured I'd throw up my build I just finished yesterday. I've got a few AR's but wanted a 3 gun style rifle so I've been collecting parts over the last several months. I didn't use the most expensive parts but I used what I thought made sense, would be reliable, and gave good bang for the buck. I know some here don't like the Spike's roll mark, but, I don't mind them and this build started because I got the upper and lower for what I would have paid for an Aero. I'm going to zero it at the range tomorrow and I'm looking forward to seeing how it shoots. Anyway, here's the build.

UPPER

Spike's Tactical upper
    Ballistic Advantage 16" Stainless Steel fluted barrel w/ .223 Wylde chamber, 1:8 twist, mid-length gas
    Aero Precision gas block
    Strike Industries J Comp Gen 2 muzzle device
    Spike's nitrided gas tube
    Brownell's nitrided full auto BCG
    Radian Raptor LT charging handle
    SMOS 15" full float M-Lok handguard
    Magpul M-Lok AFG foregrip
    Warne Tactical X-Skel optic mount
    Vortex StrikeEagle 1-8

LOWER

Spike's Tactical Crusader lower
    LaRue MBT 2S trigger
    JP Enterprises silent captured buffer spring
    Spike's buffer tube
    Spike's light weight castle nut
    Spike's end plate
    B5 SOPMOD stock
    Magpul grip
    KNS anti-walk pins
    Phase 5 EBR V2 lever/bolt catch/release
    Seekins Precision ambi-selector
    Strike Industries ultralight takedown and pivot pins
    Strike Industries mag release
    cheap LPK (for springs and detents)
    Blue Force Gear sling

All in all I'm happy with it. I'm looking forward to getting some ammo through it and then shooting some practical rifle comps with it. It'll probably do duty as a coyote/varmint gun as well.

Rifle 03.jpg
    Rifle 04.jpg
    Last edited by loknload; 01-27-19 at 04:38.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Can I make a suggestion to an otherwise nice rifle? Get a throw lever for the LPVO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FightinQ View Post
    Can I make a suggestion to an otherwise nice rifle? Get a throw lever for the LPVO.
    Absolutely you can and I agree. I've run through some tactical courses with the optic on another rifle and it would make things much more smooth. It's one of the next couple of things on the list.

Feedback Score
    I posted mine a couple weeks ago, a little more competition style than yours.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...un-rifle-build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by landrvrnut22 View Post
    I posted mine a couple weeks ago, a little more competition style than yours.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...un-rifle-build
    I did see your build and it's a great looking gun. It looks like it's probably a tad lighter than mine and you used an adjustable gas block and a single stage trigger. I didn't use those two things for very specific reasons and I know a lot of people shooting 3 gun, 2 gun, and practical rifle comps without either. I'd say both would do just fine in their intended uses.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loknload View Post
    I did see your build and it's a great looking gun. It looks like it's probably a tad lighter than mine and you used an adjustable gas block and a single stage trigger. I didn't use those two things for very specific reasons and I know a lot of people shooting 3 gun, 2 gun, and practical rifle comps without either. I'd say both would do just fine in their intended uses.
    Different strokes for different folks. I have a Mil-spec rifle, that I have been trying to use for competition. My skills have advanced where I needed something better suited, and purpose built for competition.

I have seen many shoot 3gun, or other compeitions with out-of-the-box rifles, and do very well.

You're rifle looks great, and should serve you very well. The Ballistic Advantage Barrels are highly regarded in the 3 gun world.