Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
Certainly.

I guess I'm in the same boat as many others. Kinda want an mp5 style weapon but it's tough to put $2k minimum into a range toy. Yea I know it's not a bad HD weapon but any weapon used for SD is difficult to get back from the state.

The thread did answer my questions, thanks.

Basically I prefer lowers other than the "navy" style so if I get one in another style it will save some money.
Brand new POF MP5s pistols on Gunbroker right now for $1198 shipped. $1479 shipped including the folding brace. Lots of folks are happy with them. I am glad that the MKE and POF guns hit these shores, I never thought I would own an MP5/MP5K.

I went with an ambi lower since I had a hard time getting the safety off during presentation. If those extended levers were for sale and I knew about the "Navy" SEF, I would have probably run down that path and saved money.

The $400 pack from HKParts has worked fine and looks great, its just has a much heavier trigger than the stock Zenith SEF. I recently installed the flat faced trigger and it is starting to break in a little and feel better. Not a bad upgrade for $38.