Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: B&T APC9 that accepts Glock mags

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

B&T APC9 that accepts Glock mags

B&T has been discussing this concept for some time and I wanted to see what the consumer thought about it. What say you? Interested in such an animal?

C4

APC9-Glock.jpg

Feedback Score
    To me a subgun has a certain look- mainly that magazines are pointing forward slightly or straight down. I simply don't like the look of that particular configuration. What was cool about B&T is that they used the same magazine for most of their subguns- they should just stick to that concept. More so, they should start manufacturing 922r parts stateside and unban them before sale just like the other importers do.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    To me a subgun has a certain look- mainly that magazines are pointing forward slightly or straight down. I simply don't like the look of that particular configuration. What was cool about B&T is that they used the same magazine for most of their subguns- they should just stick to that concept. More so, they should start manufacturing 922r parts stateside and unban them before sale just like the other importers do.
    Looks aside (as everyone likes what they like), B&T is going to continue to use their proprietary mags AND offer this model (at some point in the future). As a Glock owner, I like this idea and so will anyone that owns 9mm Glock mags. Not to mention LE agencies that issue Glock's in 9mm.

I think you will see more and more US made B&T parts made in the future.

C4

Feedback Score
    I gave you my opinion, which is looks are everything. Kriss Vector subguns and 9mm AR's already exist, use Glock magazines and no one hardly buys them because they are ugly. However people will pay a premium for an outdated MP5 type firearm. B&T could offer the Glock magwell as an option for departmental use but I feel their biggest market is to focus on replacing the MP5 in the mind of general public. Maybe focus on a factory binary option with the true subgun look in a 922r ready made SBR.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I think it's a great idea. This would definitely make me consider purchasing a b&t. The proprietary mags are too expensive and might be difficult to find in the event of another ban.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    I gave you my opinion, which is looks are everything. Kriss Vector subguns and 9mm AR's already exist, use Glock magazines and no one hardly buys them because they are ugly. However people will pay a premium for an outdated MP5 type firearm. B&T could offer the Glock magwell as an option for departmental use but I feel their biggest market is to focus on replacing the MP5 in the mind of general public. Maybe focus on a factory binary option with the true subgun look in a 922r ready made SBR.
    Looks are everything to certain people. The others look at capability. For me, it looks just fine, but then again, I look at the value added.

A lot of people will tell you that they will not buy a platform that has; A. Expensive mags, B. Mags are hard to find (locally), C. Propriatary design. By adopting Glock mags, it covers all three of these issues that SOME buyers may have.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by signal4l View Post
    I think it's a great idea. This would definitely make me consider purchasing a b&t. The proprietary mags are too expensive and might be difficult to find in the event of another ban.
    Bingo. Just like I just explained to 7N6.

C4

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Looks aside (as everyone likes what they like), B&T is going to continue to use their proprietary mags AND offer this model (at some point in the future). As a Glock owner, I like this idea and so will anyone that owns 9mm Glock mags. Not to mention LE agencies that issue Glock's in 9mm.

I think you will see more and more US made B&T parts made in the future.

C4
    Yeah I would definitely buy one if it did come compatible with Glock mags.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    Yeah I would definitely buy one if it did come compatible with Glock mags.
    I was checking out a B&T last week. The magazine cost was the big reason to skip as I drove away day dreaming.
    PSA was advertising $13.99 Glock pattern mags this week. If B&T wants to capitalize on the PCC popularity, Glock mags are a smart play.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I see good and bad- glock mags are a pain to load and generally speaking, I prefer a quality dual feed mag. That said, I'm loving all of the options B&t is providing these days, so I say bring it on!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast