Thread: Kel-Tec SUB2000 taller sights available...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Kel-Tec SUB2000 taller sights available...

I absolutely love my Kel-Tec SUB-2000 carbines (have 3). They are among my most favorite firearms I have ever owned from a fun, interesting, and unique perspective.

One problem I an many others have is that the iron sights are not tall enougha nd it is difficult to imposisble to force your face down into the sotck enough to get a proper sight picture with the irons.

I have yearned for taller iron sights since day one.

Looks like someone heard my prayers.

https://www.mcarbo.com/kel-tec-sub-2...al-sights.aspx

What I'm wondering now is OK, what about the front sight height now?

TED

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From the FAQ on the product page:

Q: If the rear sight is higher now how many turns to the front to make it equal? And will it stick up past the side wings of the front sight body?

A: You will have to quickly [?] re-zero and make a minor height adjustment to your front sight post. It will be well within the operating range of the factory front sight.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    On MCarbo's site they list the new taller sight like .060" taller with a pic of the new sight next to the old.

IMHO that's not much, not enough for me to spend $60. It's a nice piece but I'd have to gain at least a half inch of sight height, which would make the front sight an issue.

If you do go with the Mcarbo rear, the taller AR sight post for the non-F marked sight towers is around .040" taller which would give you more adjustability, and they're like $5.

I've also found that bringing my head back closer to the rear of the stock when using irons doesn't jam the buffer tube into my cheek bone as badly. But for range use I still keep a tall red dot on a QD mount in my range bag.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like my solution better ... pivoting red-dot sight mount by Midwest Industries:

Attachment 50768
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!