Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Low-fat or low-carb? It may not matter....

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

Low-fat or low-carb? It may not matter....

A RCT over 12 months with some participants randomized to low fat, others randomized to low carb. Net result was about the same amount of weight loss, and improved labs for all participants.

https://examine.com/nutrition/low-fa...r-weight-loss/

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks for posting that. That last take-away in the article is something many of us have touted here: "Most importantly, choose an eating style you can sustain."

Feedback Score
    We need a balanced diet . High carbs are bad because carbs are a sugar. High fat is high in calories yet the body needs fats. Cut the calories and weight will drop. Every obese person I have met all say the don't understand why they are so fat because they don't eat that much.

Feedback Score
    The older I get the more I try to stay away from processed sugar. That pretty much keeps me away from all the bad foods. The new WeightWatchers make vegetables ‘free’, along with chicken and fish- but hammers ‘sweets’. Though bears seem to do pretty well with fish and berries.... I eat (mostly) good food now, just need to dial back the portions.

I think there is a pretty good Hawthorne Effect to where just following some diet, with in reason, helps.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    good read. I go with high fat, low carb, lots of veggies which seems to work
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I got pretty fat after getting off active duty. Since December I've lost 45 pounds on the laziest keto diet you can imagine. I do more protein than fat though usually so you can't really say it's keto. Essentially just eating healthy and not eating for fun has been the key. "Diets" seem to normally be marketing for not eating a bag of chips in one sitting.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    A RCT over 12 months with some participants randomized to low fat, others randomized to low carb. Net result was about the same amount of weight loss, and improved labs for all participants.

https://examine.com/nutrition/low-fa...r-weight-loss/
    I posed intel on that not too long ago. End of the day, no matter how much MMM* people attempt, cals (energy) is what matters.

* = Magical Macro Manipulations
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Thanks for sharing that link. It was a good read.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I have been running a carb restricted diet as well, for me this fits my lifestyle the best. So far the results have shown to be very promising.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've tried just about everything and can't loose weight. Low fat, high fat, low carb, high carb, only veggies, only protien, mainly fish, Mediterranean, calorie restrictions, low portions but 6 times a day......etc...you mention it, I've probably tried it. Went to the gym then hired a personal trainer because I didn't feel that on my own I was focused enough. I gained muscle but never lost weight. In my 20s up to my early 30s I was 160lbs and 6ft tall. When I hit 34 back in 2014 I gained about 60lbs in one year with no change in diet. I even know the day it began. When i started with a personal trainer I was about 217 now around 225. This February when I had the flu I was in bed for a week. During the whole week I ate 2 eggs and was barely able to put that down. All I did was drink hot tea. When I felt better after a week I stepped on the scale and was 2lbs heavier than the week before. Have had blood work done and everything came back fine

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast