Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Low-fat or low-carb? It may not matter....

Feedback Score
    The only time I ever lost weight was on low carb. Trying again, but damn it’s hard.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    The only time I ever lost weight was on low carb. Trying again, but damn it’s hard.
    Hence what say over and over and over, getting the weight off is not the hard part, keeping the weight off is the hard part. If it's not a way of eating you plan to maintain permanently, it's worthless.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-17-20 at 11:41.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Out of the numerous fad diets out there, the only “best” one is the one that gives YOU the best chance of sustaining it for the rest of your life. If any given diet is hard for you, it will certainly fail and you will regain all of your lost weight.

Feedback Score
    Most of my younger years..up until about 28 I never ate breakfast and rarely ate anything after dinner. I was 6’ and 172 pounds. I had gained about 5 pounds since college and was concerned it was a trend. Then my fitness minded friends told me that I need to eat breakfast and break up my calories into small meals all day to keep my metabolism going. I needed up gaining about 10 pounds over a few years. Now I’m 185lbs 45 yrs old and traveling (eating out a lot) for work.

My wife tells me she is starting “intermittent fasting” and has lost 5lbs (a lot for her since she is very small, works out 5 days a week and not fat). Turns out I was “intermittent fasting” for most of my youth when I never gained wait regardless of activity level.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    Double post
    Last edited by OldState; 01-18-20 at 10:39.
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish." - Ty Webb

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldState View Post
    Most of my younger years..up until about 28 I never ate breakfast and rarely ate anything after dinner. I was 6’ and 172 pounds. I had gained about 5 pounds since college and was concerned it was a trend. Then my fitness minded friends told me that I need to eat breakfast and break up my calories into small meals all day to keep my metabolism going. I needed up gaining about 10 pounds over a few years. Now I’m 185lbs 45 yrs old and traveling (eating out a lot) for work.

My wife tells me she is starting “intermittent fasting” and has lost 5lbs (a lot for her since she is very small, works out 5 days a week and not fat). Turns out I was “intermittent fasting” for most of my youth when I never gained wait regardless of activity level.
    IF can be effective but it's simply another route of calorie reduction. See also:

https://brinkzone.com/intermittent-fasting-study/
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=WillBrink;2805531]IF can be effective but it's simply another route of calorie reduction.

Yes it kind of validates my adolescent hypothesis that if you eat more calories than you burn you get fat.....

Feedback Score
    What's wrong with not no fat high carb ?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    VA, is my primary healthcare, 100% disabled, from being a retard in the mil. Anyway I to put on a ton of weight from 50 into my sixties. My Dr's, check my blood every other month. My pain dr, and my team Dr, discovered my testosterone level was 40 when it should have been 2400, on a specific chart.

Dr's have me doing inner muscles injections weekly of testosterone, weights falling off. Into this only six months. The down side is, I'll be doing " T" the rest of my life. I wobble between 150/200 injected, depending on blood work. Amazing transformation as mentioned, I'm back to walking at least an hour a day, often double that. my pain management will likely be another part of my life until I die. This craps bad news, without it, my back locks up, hardly move, unbearable pain, with it, I have my life back. Do what I want, within reason. My goal is 180 by my birthday in October. Think it's a reasonable goal. Was 170 in the navy. Unreasonable expectation. Mans gotta know his limits.

DW

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Williams View Post
    VA, is my primary healthcare, 100% disabled, from being a retard in the mil. Anyway I to put on a ton of weight from 50 into my sixties. My Dr's, check my blood every other month. My pain dr, and my team Dr, discovered my testosterone level was 40 when it should have been 2400, on a specific chart.

Dr's have me doing inner muscles injections weekly of testosterone, weights falling off. Into this only six months. The down side is, I'll be doing " T" the rest of my life. I wobble between 150/200 injected, depending on blood work. Amazing transformation as mentioned, I'm back to walking at least an hour a day, often double that. my pain management will likely be another part of my life until I die. This craps bad news, without it, my back locks up, hardly move, unbearable pain, with it, I have my life back. Do what I want, within reason. My goal is 180 by my birthday in October. Think it's a reasonable goal. Was 170 in the navy. Unreasonable expectation. Mans gotta know his limits.

DW
    I'm just surprised the VA actually tested your T levels and gave you TRT. Sounds like progress being made on that front. There's a lengthy thread on that topic if interested here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...t-Testosterone
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234