Thread: What is the exact mag compatibility of G19s?

Feedback Score

What is the exact mag compatibility of G19s?

Let’s say I have a few gen2 G19s, a few gen2 G17s, a cut down gen2 G17, and a Carbine that will fit mags as short as G19.

Oh, and a G26 from the day they came out. Basically a gen 2.5 for lack of a better word.

An I have a pile of factory mags ranging from precancerous non drop free, Preban drop free, newer factory, and a bunch of the Pmag ones.

I have no gen 3 or gen 4 glocks.

If I go buy a blue label gen 5,
    Am I going to be 100% mag compatible?

Mag compatibility is one thing that irks me when companies start messing with it.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The only difference is gen 4 went to a cutout for the mag catch on both sides. So if you run a 4 or 5 with the mag catch swapped over for LH you need 4 or 5 mags.

Gen 5 added a hi vis follower and a floorplate that extends further forward. The floorplate only has a problem fitting the odd 19x grip.

Those are the only two compatibility problems that I know of.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    The only difference is gen 4 went to a cutout for the mag catch on both sides. So if you run a 4 or 5 with the mag catch swapped over for LH you need 4 or 5 mags.

Gen 5 added a hi vis follower and a floorplate that extends further forward. The floorplate only has a problem fitting the odd 19x grip.

Those are the only two compatibility problems that I know of.
    I have, in a friendly shop, swapped mags around between all gen 4 and 5 17 and 19 including the x and had the exact results you indicate. YMMV