Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM QRF quad rail

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

BCM QRF quad rail

Since I’m picking out parts for my next build I’m trying to decide between getting the 14.5” M4 SOCOM upper with either a free floT QRF quad rail or just getting the upper without a hand guard but with a delta ring where I can put my own hand guard on. I like Midwest industries drop in quad rail if I went that route because it has a pretty sleek profile. I can’t find much on the QRF and I’m wondering if the profile is the same? I see the QRF is a tad bit lighter which I also like. For either configuration I am going with a pinned flash suppressor as well as a fixed A2 front sight on both. Thanks a bunch.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krp7894 View Post
    Since I’m picking out parts for my next build I’m trying to decide between getting the 14.5” M4 SOCOM upper with either a free floT QRF quad rail or just getting the upper without a hand guard but with a delta ring where I can put my own hand guard on. I like Midwest industries drop in quad rail if I went that route because it has a pretty sleek profile. I can’t find much on the QRF and I’m wondering if the profile is the same? I see the QRF is a tad bit lighter which I also like. For either configuration I am going with a pinned flash suppressor as well as a fixed A2 front sight on both. Thanks a bunch.
    BCM has the specs on their website:

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Midw...mctar-20g2.htm
    MI Gen2 Two Piece Free Float Handguard - 7" Carbine - #MCTAR-20G2
    The Ultimate 2 Piece Free Float Handguard Weighing just 9.0oz!

Weight - 9 ounces
    Length - 7.0 inches
    Width - 2.3 inches
    Height - 2.43 inches

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-...-7-556-blk.htm
    BCM QRF-7 (Quad Rail Free Float Handguard)

Handguard alone weighs 6.9 oz
    Actual length is 7.24"
    2.12" Wide

I think someone on the forum said their QRF had a height of 2 3/8".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you that helps. A complete 14.5 M4 upper with the QRF free float quad rail would have cost $607 from G&R tactical whereas the M4 upper with the MI Gen2 quad rail would cost me $530. Because of that I went with the latter.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Krp7894 View Post
    Thank you that helps. A complete 14.5 M4 upper with the QRF free float quad rail would have cost $607 from G&R tactical whereas the M4 upper with the MI Gen2 quad rail would cost me $530. Because of that I went with the latter.
    I know you went with the MI rail, but since I just got an upper with the QRF rail I thought I’d share my thoughts. Mine is on a mid-length so it’s the 9”. It appears to be very sturdy, but also pretty light. The slots are all numbered (T, R, B, L) and the color matches the BCM receiver perfectly. Hope this helps someone if they are trying to decide on a full pic rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Retired Army Infantry

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    While it is a nice rail I actually couldn’t get it in the configuration I wanted. I went with a Daniel Defense Omega 7” Rail got it for $170 shipped.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I just saw the email from BCM on their M4 uppers with the QRF rail. I haven't seen one yet but it looks nice. I might grab a 7.0 for one of the SBRs or my BCM SOCOM 14.5" upper.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I just saw the email from BCM on their M4 uppers with the QRF rail. I haven't seen one yet but it looks nice. I might grab a 7.0 for one of the SBRs or my BCM SOCOM 14.5" upper.
    Yea, for the mounting system alone the BCM product is a no-brainer for 10 bucks more than the DD product.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I still love quad rails. I have a QRF 10 and a MCMR 10 and if you made me pick just one it would be hard.

MLOK is practical, but 1913 says I like to boogie.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I may scoop up the QRF 7 and replace my Geissele Mk4 or whatever it is.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast