Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM QRF quad rail

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Nice. That's on my fall shopping list.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I finally had a reason to grab one of these rails, and I'm really pleased with it.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    I still love quad rails.
    I do, too.

Then again I still listen to/enjoy Alice in Chains, so ...
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I wouldn't buy anything but a quad rail right now.

Feedback Score
    I've had good (but pretty limited) performance from my 11.5" BCM upper and was looking at picking up a 14.5" with MLOK in the near future. Mark, what is your reason for preferring quad rail at this time?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm with Mark for a blaster.

Most free-floats conduct heat through the barrel nut into the rail, regardless of make (even worse with monolithic uppers). With a quad I can put a Knight cover at 6-o'clock and Ergo ladders on the side to keep the profile thin with a little heat insulation.

I like the Larues for a thin profile and short bottom-to-bore line, followed by Daniels and BCM neck-and-neck. The Midwest Industries are also right up there.

I like Geisseles for their hell-for-strong, but the distance-humping foot soldier in me doesn't like the bulky/flat boss just forward of the magazine well and where the traditional slip-ring would be for just plain rucking, toting, and carrying the darn thing.

If I want a slick, smooth profile I'll use an SLR Rifleworks Ion.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dhnut1973 View Post
    I know you went with the MI rail, but since I just got an upper with the QRF rail I thought I’d share my thoughts. Mine is on a mid-length so it’s the 9”. It appears to be very sturdy, but also pretty light. The slots are all numbered (T, R, B, L) and the color matches the BCM receiver perfectly. Hope this helps someone if they are trying to decide on a full pic rail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll take a moment to comment on this old thread that I find that to be an incredibly good looking carbine.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    I'm with Mark for a blaster.

Most free-floats conduct heat through the barrel nut into the rail, regardless of make (even worse with monolithic uppers). With a quad I can put a Knight cover at 6-o'clock and Ergo ladders on the side to keep the profile thin with a little heat insulation.

I like the Larues for a thin profile and short bottom-to-bore line, followed by Daniels and BCM neck-and-neck. The Midwest Industries are also right up there.

I like Geisseles for their hell-for-strong, but the distance-humping foot soldier in me doesn't like the bulky/flat boss just forward of the magazine well and where the traditional slip-ring would be for just plain rucking, toting, and carrying the darn thing.

If I want a slick, smooth profile I'll use an SLR Rifleworks Ion.

No slight at all on your opinions, but if you haven’t tried Montys CMR rail as a smooth rail, it’s worth checking out. I’m a pretty huge fan still of quad rails, but his direct attach ( not to be confused with MLOK) is kinda special.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGrayGuy View Post
    Mark, what is your reason for preferring quad rail at this time?
    Just going back to what works best. I'm not dumping my Keymod. It's set up and the lights, sling mount, and finger stop aren't going anywhere.

With the good old pic rail, I was able to pop a bi pod on the gun this weekend without any effort.

Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    The only thing I'd change on the BCM is adding the cuts on the end slots for KAC panels to snap in. The chinese larue knock of clips are my 2nd choice.
    Last edited by markm; 06-22-20 at 10:34.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Just going back to what works best. I'm not dumping my Keymod. It's set up and the lights, sling mount, and finger stop aren't going anywhere.

With the good old pic rail, I was able to pop a bi pod on the gun this weekend without any effort.

The only thing I'd change on the BCM is adding the cuts on the end slots for KAC panels to snap in. The chinese larue knock of clips are my 2nd choice.
    Glad to hear you say Keymod. I’ve got a BCM KMR on every rifle I’ve got, with the exception of a URXIII that came on my AAC upper and triangle hand guards on a 20” build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast