I know some of you don't like Breitbart, but this is valuable "food for thought."

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...scation-close/

It is important that you never forget that same sex marriage did not and could not win through democracy, that you never forget that same sex marriage was forced upon us by a 5-4 vote — by a single vote on the Supreme Court.

And this is how our guns will be confiscated — through a demonization campaign and a single vote Supreme Court vote.

The scenario by which we are disarmed by our government, is this close to reality….

Democrat president elected.
Democrat president replaces a Clarence Thomas with a Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Democrat president enjoys Democrat majorities in the House and Senate.
The Democrat Senate either enjoys a filibuster proof majority (this happened in 2008) or finishes what former Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) began — the annihilation of the filibuster. While there are some current Democrat Senators who would oppose confiscation, over time they can be weeded out in primaries, bullied into siding with the Party (as we saw with Obamacare), or simply overwhelmed by their pro-confiscation co-partisans in the aftermath of a Democrat wave election.
Both Houses of congress pass a gun confiscation bill.
By a 5-4 decision, the Supreme Court declares gun confiscation perfectly constitutional.
To those of you naïve enough to believe that the Bill of Rights, that the Second Amendment will save you from outright gun confiscation, I give you the District of Columbia v. Heller, where the individual right to own a handgun was barely recognized in the Supreme Court by a 5-4 decision, by a single vote.

If the District of Columbia refused its citizens any other right on the Bill of Rights, we would have seen a 9-0 or 7-2 decision. But a Second Amendment right just barely squeaked by.

This is how close we are to having our firearms confiscated.

Do not listen to the assurances from Democrats and their media. Ignore the lying fact-checkers and those scoffing at the very idea of gun confiscation and those in the ruling class ridiculing those of us trying to sound the alarm…

Just remember “My gay marriage will not affect you.”

Remember “You can keep your insurance.”

Remember that 73 percent of Democrats want to ban semi-automatic firearms (which means most handguns), and 44 percent are in favor of banning all guns.

Remember 5-4.

My take: this is always what I have feared as "the perfect storm."

BTW: Please refrain from replies like "they'll never get mine" or "I'll have a boating accident first." We get it. You will resist. No need to clutter the thread with obvious retorts.