Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
Take this with a grain of salt since I haven't actually had it out to the range yet. I'm mostly comparing it to some of the other scopes I've been handling/reviewing lately for my site (Meopta Optkia6 5-30x56, Athlon ARES ETR 4.5-30x56, and Steiner P4xi 4-16x56). The Meopta and Athlon were loaners from a friend and fellow blogger, the P4xi is one that I own and mounted to my main rifle.

When I consider that those other scopes ranged from $800 to $1200 MSRP, the Strike Eagle really does bring a lot to the table for its cost (I paid less than $500 for it with a .mil discount). The glass is good, though not in the same class as the $1000+ optics. I think it's more than enough for the kinds of competition's I'll be using this rifle in. The turrets are locking, which is something a lot of people like. I don't particularly care one way or the other about locking, though I think it works well here because the turrets are easy to turn while still keeping distinct clicks. The clicks aren't as solid as the Steiner, but to be fair a lot of people complain that the Steiner's knobs were too beefy.

The illumination is very good, and I like that "this one goes to 11." I think the reticle is really good if you like the tree-style, second only to the Optika6 I tested. It's the same reticle found in the Razor Gen 2 that is so prominent in PRS, so it works really well as a trainer for that optic.

My eye does pick up a little bit of fringing when I jump to maximum magnification. It's not terrible, and certainly not enough to bother me in regular use. All optics have that to some degree or another.

In all, I think this one is a really good buy for it's segment of the market.

Edit to add: One of the biggest reasons I went with the Strike Eagle is that it focuses down to 15 yards, which is HUGE for a 22LR competition optic.
Consider a Sightron S3 10-50 with whatever reticle you want. I like the MOA-2.