Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 22lr Trainers

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I’ve been having a lot of fun with my T1x. Setting it up in a KRG Bravo makes it a perfect trainer for my TRG.

I’m glad it likes CCI Standard. It seems like the SK Rifle and Pistol is worth the small premium over the SK Standard. Here’s some ammo testing at 50yds.

SK Rifle Match 100yds

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Agreed...

I don't want to go down the 40X rabbit hole, but years ago I started my .22lr career with an old Marlin 25 and a cheap Nikon "shotgun" scope.

My "upgrade" is a Ruger American Rimfire (RAR) and a Nikon Monarch. It consistently shoots CCI SV less than 1moa (<.75") out to 75yds.

Two thoughts:

Scalability: It occurs to me that the inconsistency at <70yds (.22lr) and <200yds (.308) is because the height of the scope over the bore isn't proportionate... If you could mount your .308's scope 6" or 8" above the bore, then you'd see a .22lr-like curve.

.17HMR is a nice "compromise" trainer: Maybe it's the "half-scale" or "2/3rds" trainer? The tiny bullets going 2,700fps shoot very flat at 150yds and beyond. Ammo is still relatively cheap, and recoil is insignificant.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Bergara is introducing a .22lr B-14 in an HMR stock. Looks interesting. Price point seems high. But maybe not? I guess we'll see.

https://www.bergara.online/us/blog/n...ct-22-25-2019/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    Bergara is introducing a .22lr B-14 in an HMR stock. Looks interesting. Price point seems high. But maybe not?
    MSRP of $1,150?

Yeah, I think that's high.

On the other hand, if you shoot 2,000 rounds of .22lr through it, instead of shooting 2,000 rounds of centerfire, then it would pay for itself in terms of ammo and a new barrel...

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmd08 View Post
    Bergara is introducing a .22lr B-14 in an HMR stock. Looks interesting. Price point seems high. But maybe not? I guess we'll see.

https://www.bergara.online/us/blog/n...ct-22-25-2019/
    It's aimed at the precision rifle crowd, and there's a growing market for precision style 22lr guns, partly driven by NRL22 and similar competitions.

It should provide a more affordable, mass produced alternative to the Vudoo V-22 rifle, and is definitely priced right in that regard. Vudoo barreled actions start at north of $1700 (and still require a trigger, stock/chassis, etc.).

https://vudoogunworks.com/action/pat...peater-action/

Feedback Score
    I want a Bergara centerfire, badly, but I don't shoot my cheap Savage FCP-SR to justify upgrading (yet).

If I had a Bergara HMR, then buying a Bergara in .22lr would make sense, though I would run the numbers a half-dozen times to make sure.

Because I'm a stingy bastard, I'm more likely to get a $400 Ruger American Ranch in .223 as a "step up" from my $300 Ruger American Rimfires.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I shoot a 6.5C HMR so the new rimfire caught my eye. It does compare favorably to Vudoo price wise. I don't know if I'm ready to spend a grand on a rimfire. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    MSRP of $1,150?

Yeah, I think that's high.

On the other hand, if you shoot 2,000 rounds of .22lr through it, instead of shooting 2,000 rounds of centerfire, then it would pay for itself in terms of ammo and a new barrel...
    Yup, that is exactly how I paid for my CZ. I did the math, and it was a much easier purchase to make using your logic.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FYI, there is an article somewhere on SniperHide where some Scandinavian sniper team trains their shooters on 22LRs, for drop & wind practice.

I too get a ‘kick’ out of 22LR Trainers, like my Kadet slide for the CZ-75B, of which I shoot indoor bullseye score only songle digits below my S&W model41. But the barrel insert & bolt for my British SMLE Enfield No1 Mk3 Probably turn the most heads when I pull it out at the indoor range.

One guy put a Compass Lake 22LR upper on his AR and won both the 100 & 200-yd smallbore championship this year, beating all the $3-4K Anshultz and the like. Set records too for smallest group @ 100Y.
    Last edited by Lefty223; 10-27-19 at 17:35.
    Given that 10-shots are a group and 5-shots may be a favorable trend ... know that just one good 3-shot group can make you an instant internet superstar!

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I recently picked up a Tikka T1X and dropped it into an Oryx chassis.
    Have maybe 500 rounds through her so far, still trying to find the right ammo.
    I have not been happy with Lapua X-Act, but SK Pistol was ok. Waiting on Center-X. CCI SV has wildly different performance between lots, and Green Tag isn't a whole lot better. Now, I am talking about ragged edge performance (0.5" threshold at 50 yards), not general use.
    Lots of fun at 400 yards, but wind is a super serious interaction.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast