Thread: Recently moved to Utah, and looking for a carbine class

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)

Recently moved to Utah, and looking for a carbine class

Like the title states, I recently moved to Utah from Oregon. I've been wanting to take a carbine course at thunder ranch, but now that I live in Utah, I'm wondering if there is something closer to my new home. Does anybody know of, or had any good experiences with any tactical carbine courses, or instructors in the state of UT?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Where in Utah? In many ways, UT is considered a black hole for good firearms training. I can think of only 1 good instructor in the wasatch front (and a few bad ones).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)

Recently moved to Utah, and looking for a carbine class

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I’ve wanted to go to some of Buck’s classes, but they never land on the right days. However, most of Utah’s population is half a day’s drive from him. His 3 day class would easily be a 5 day venture for me.

If the OP is more north, consider warriorcreed.us (Randy Watt). His carbine 1 this year has passed (he is pretty strict about taking his courses in order), but you can hop in most of his force-on-force simunitions classes with little background. He has done private classes for a local shooting group I am part of, and they have been worthwhile. He is hardcore on the basics and if a group of students isn’t up to his standards, expect a lot of remedial action (in a good way).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Fellow Utahan here. I hear you on the black hole thing. Luckily enough for us Aaron Cowen will be here at the end of the month for a 2 day carbine class. I e-mail him to ask if there was space left. Maybe I'll see you there!
    -Nate

Also, I try to host a couple classes a year up here in Cache Valley. I'll try to remember to post up announcements up here when I have one coming up.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Hey guys thanks for the responses. I live up north near Salt Lake City, so I'm pretty much limited to this area for now. I will look into Follow Through Consulting, thanks!