Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot weather training

Feedback Score

Hot weather training

Guy's remember to drink up, and dont forget the semi salty snacks.

I must be jinked,everytime i train with Pat it gets hot out! al llast week it was in the 70's now he coem to town and bamm! 90.

but on serious note Hydrate, get some gookinaid(better than the other sports drinks out there in my book) it works faster and start to hydrate a day or two before class.....

Feedback Score
    Gookinaid is the heat. Get it....the heat.....

Sorry
    John Chapman - Director of Training
    LMS Defense
    http://www.LMSDefense.com
    JohnChapman@LMSDefense.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My top three suggestions would be:

(1.)Pre-hydrate before the class. Waiting until the class starts is really too late for proper hydration
    (2.) Water - drink it during every break. You have to replace those lost fluids.
    (3.) Under Armor shirts - They just plain work. LAV gave me one during a 109 degree day last summer and it was a like a gift from the Gods. I will be wearing one during every single warm weather class.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger
    My top three suggestions would be:

(1.)Pre-hydrate before the class. Doing it during the class is really too late for proper hydration
    (2.) Water - drink it during every break. You have to replace those lost fluids.
    (3.) Under Armor shirts - They just plain work. LAV gave me one during a 109 degree day last summer and it was a like a gift from the Gods. I will be wearing one during every single warm weather class.
    UnderArmor keeps you cool? I would have never guessed that. I have seen my football player friend wear these often but I always assumed it was to show off his muscles. I guess it’s true what they say about assuming.

Feedback Score
    I drank the coolaid on UA, wore them for awhile but no more. The Loose gear abraids my skin, the muscle mapping irritates my underarms. Plus if your enemy decides to kill you with fire , well youve got a UA shirt melted to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybin
    UnderArmor keeps you cool? I would have never guessed that. I have seen my football player friend wear these often but I always assumed it was to show off his muscles. I guess it’s true what they say about assuming.
    Life is too short to deal with Blonde women, or carbine barrels over 10.5 inches

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybin
    I wear the "Loose Fit" t-shirts and love them. The material breathes so you stay cooler over the coarse of the day. They also dry back out very quickly. Nothing sucks worse than wearing a sweat soaked shirt for 6-10 hours. I have seen them completely dry out during a fifteen-minute break if there is a slight breeze. Like I said, I consider them to be "Required Equipment" in any hot weather class.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Last year with Pat at Quantico it got up to 105 on the range.
    Drink a lot of water the night before. This helps to hydrate your cells.

Feedback Score
    Something I learned during my running-racing days - acclimate yourself.

If you have a class comming up that is going to be hot, get outside on hot days and spend some time in the heat. It will help you to learn good hydration habits and what does and does not work clothing wise for you.

The more you do this, the less the heat will fatigue you and more importantly, reduce the chance that you lose your concentration and do something unsafe.

Feedback Score
    Once I bought some non-cotton running shirts, I can never run in cotton again. 3 mile run, marathon, or field op its under armor (or something equivalent) for me. It keeps sweat off you, and keeps you nice and cool.

If price is a concern, Target carries Champion brand running gear that is actually pretty nice. I picked up a $10 shirt and wore it for a marathon and it performed very well actually. If you have to look cool though they might not work, only seen them in blue and white and maybe gray (no marpat or tigerstripe )

I also always wear a camelback when in the field, wouldn't go without one personally.

Feedback Score
    I try to like the UA stuff, have the loose/cold/heat gear and one of the polos. The polos rock, but I always get a widespread heat rash from the UA stuff, polos included. Nothing noticeable after 8-10hrs use, but 12-24 and it's annoying. I don't have the same trouble with capilene, and I'm 100% sold on Duluth Trading poly boxers...

I can do without needing three men and a boy to get out of a shirt (heat gear).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast