Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hot weather training

Feedback Score
    Another vote for that "type" of tee. I started wearing the knock-off UA from Wally-World and they really work well...and for only $9.88 a shirt. Try one out.

HEY RESQ47 Whats going on!?!

Feedback Score
    Howdy Easy! Yeah, slowly getting things back in order from the weekend...

I'll add that I wore collared polos for the three-day last weekend. Worked ok, but of course I was in the more durable (thicker) one when we got wet for half the day. The UA would have been better for that day instead of TD1, but the car will dry out eventually.

ETA - I mixed up 2gal of gookinaid in the morning for the cooler, with 2gal of straight water (for camelbaks) as well. Two of use were using that cooler and I think we averaged 2 gallons of intake give or take, with a couple extra nalgenes and 3L thermobaks full at the beginning of the day. TD1 ended with McD's, extra salt on the fries

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah, I use the generic WallyWorld UA copies. They work just fine for me.

Feedback Score
    There are several lengthy threads on this at 10-8.
    I am big on Gookinaid. I am big on UA.
    However, if you are in suck ass physical shape to begin with, neither will be of much use.
    Also, if you don't bring fluid to the line, you will fade rapidly. I prefer (strongly) a camelbak. ACLU lawyers may not like them, but then again, i don't like THEM.
    If no Camelbak, a yuppie canteen (water bottle) in your dump pouch will do.
    In most classes, we get a number of sedentary type people who overestimate their stamina. The net result is that we have to stop the class and have a heart to heart talk, let them relax in the shade, and otherwise burn up time better spent in training.
    Eat.
    Drink.

My classes are moderately strenous. You can sink, or you can swim, but as Pat H says, you don't wanna' be "that guy".

I have several people on my NFE list because they wouldn't drink and became a problem. They will never be back. We cannot afford to have stupid people with guns. Life is hard enough as it is.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers
    There are several lengthy threads on this at 10-8.
    However, if you are in suck ass physical shape to begin with, neither will be of much use.
    Also, if you don't bring fluid to the line, you will fade rapidly. I prefer (strongly) a camelbak. ACLU lawyers may not like them, but then again, i don't like THEM.
    If no Camelbak, a yuppie canteen (water bottle) in your dump pouch will do.
    In most classes, we get a number of sedentary type people who overestimate their stamina. The net result is that we have to stop the class and have a heart to heart talk, let them relax in the shade, and otherwise burn up time better spent in training.
    Eat.
    Drink.

My classes are moderately strenous. You can sink, or you can swim, but as Pat H says, you don't wanna' be "that guy".

I have several people on my NFE list because they wouldn't drink and became a problem. They will never be back. We cannot afford to have stupid people with guns. Life is hard enough as it is.

Well said. Have you ever considered letting the class do peer evals at the end of every day?

Feedback Score
    hah! That would be interesting. There would certainly be fewer people around.
    Generally, and as you know- mostly good people from different backgrounds who have fun together.
    Of course, there is always "that guy" who has the camo pattern de jour, all the whiz bang stuff, and brings a pistol that shoots 17" low.....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hehehehehe.....a fat, bald guy in a Lamborghini is still a fat bald guy.... but I'm working on being a nicer guy this year - that's my summer resolution :-)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat_Rogers
    Last week I did my fourth carbine class with Pat at balmy Boone County. I was in the worst shape of any class I have taken from him. "Nice ass, Paul" Twice. A clue!

During the "qual" on TD3 I began to slip over from learning and applying to struggling to survive the experience. Four good body shots and a brain shot. On another target, not mine. These are misses. It got worse. Hydrating and eating a bit throughout the day (rather than a zzz-burger and fries for lunch) wasn't enough.

I have five more children to take through classes with Pat. If Dad can't do it, why should they? This requires some serious lifestyle (deathstyle?) changes on my part. More exercise, less calories. Fat guys can shoot. Fighting is another story...

Feedback Score
    Recognizing the problem is the first step.....

"deathstyle?"...I like that as an adjective, but not a way of living.
    My Dad said that you start dying the day you stop living.
    Carrying around that excess weight simply cannot be good for you.
    We'll look forward to next year, and see if you can match Nathan's performance!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Submariner
    I have five more children to take through classes with Pat. If Dad can't do it, why should they? This requires some serious lifestyle (deathstyle?) changes on my part. More exercise, less calories. Fat guys can shoot. Fighting is another story...
    Brewing your own beer is similar to loading/reloading your own ammo, it allows you to do more for the same financial expenditure. One of the disadvantages of brewing your own beer is that it allows you to drink more beer (and intake more calories).

Intake calores > calories expended = "Nice ass."
    Aubrey<><

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast