Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 55gr Remington UMC

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storydude View Post
    The act of chambering a round should not produce setback
    Right! That's the problem with the ammo. I think I read a few accounts of guys who could set the bullet back in the case with their fingers.

There's no question that the issue is with the ammo. Too many reports of it have been popping up on the gun boards.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    Right! That's the problem with the ammo. I think I read a few accounts of guys who could set the bullet back in the case with their fingers.
    Did any of these people contact Remington? Or instead just bitch and badmouth the brand on a forum?

Not a troll, not intended to flame, but the vocal minority rules on the internet.

If you could push the bullet into the case with your fingers then you should be able to remove the bullet just as easy. That's a QC issue and I'll assure you if you contact Remington on the issue they WILL make it right.

Does that mean you shouldn't buy Remington ammo? Not at all. Machines that make ammo are just that. Machines. They sometimes fall out of adjustment.

*I* wouldn;t buy remington UMC ammo for the simple fact that I refuse to pay 9 bucks for 20 rounds.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Storydude View Post
    Did any of these people contact Remington? Or instead just bitch and badmouth the brand on a forum?
    I really don't know. I don't recall any bitching or badmouthing. It was more of sharing info and getting opinions. I think it's good for people to make others aware of these issues as they arrise.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    I really don't know. I don't recall any bitching or badmouthing. It was more of sharing info and getting opinions. I think it's good for people to make others aware of these issues as they arrise.
    The whole problem with the internet is that people can post whatever they feel for whatever reasons they feel.

I've never fired any of the UMC ammo, so I cannot offer an opinion on how it performs.

Feedback Score
    Here is what I mean...
    No round have been chamber before, and of course, never been chambered again.
    Not a mag issue since it does the problem with different mags and not a rifle issue since it does the same thing with both of my AR and my Type-97.

I guess the crimping in not strong enough to support the feeding of a semi-auto, but even that, I never experience any problem with any match ammo...

Last edited by Eth0; 10-23-08 at 16:38.

Feedback Score
    Both of those bullets hit something inside the receiver HARD. Either barrel ext. or a 3-point jam. Flattened points are the first give away.

That's not a QC problem, that's a firearm malfunction.

Feedback Score
    Yea they stuck on the feeding ramp and the mag while been pushed by the bolt.

I shoot thousands of AE, SP and other like BTHP, Match, etc.. and never experience that problem. No malfunction ever at the exception of these Rem UMC.
    Last edited by Eth0; 10-23-08 at 16:44.

Feedback Score
    Tolerance stacking, worn feed lips, too tight feed lips, tilting follower, weak mag spring all could cause that problem.

Blaming the ammo would be the last thing I would do.

Feedback Score
    Well I also taught it was mag related problem but it happened in two different rifles (AR and Type-97), so two different feed ramp and with different mags (yea I did check and marked any mag when malfunction happened).

If it was a problem for hitting something to hard, any soft point would have done the same problem prior any FMJ bullet I believe.

Anyway, this is just my opinion...
    Last edited by Eth0; 10-23-08 at 17:16.

Feedback Score
    Did you contact Remington?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast