Quote Originally Posted by wtturn View Post
You realize those are one and the same?

What about 25 yards? Do you test yourself at distance? Or moving? Or in any scenario which may require a high degree of accuracy?

I say if you can hit a very small target up close, you are more likely to be able to get effective hits at distance or under stress.
Not to over-derail, but I respectfully disagree...

They are sometimes the same, but most definitely not always.

If I roll out of my holster and start rapidly getting hits and keep firing while going through my punch out before eventually settling on repeated rounds into the high chest and, at most, take the time to acquire my front sight post, then I believe that I am at a distinct advantage in a gunfight over someone who doesn't begin to pull the trigger until they settle their sights on my chest. Are my belly and zippering shots "accurate" in any way other than just getting initial hits? Most would say, "no"(me included). But, you better believe they are effective and greatly play into the outcome. Obviously, those initial shots come well within the time it would take to go from holster to full punch out to then trigger pulling.

That was the intent of my question: what are you practicing for and is your practice increasing your chances of success in that purpose? Not that there is anything at all wrong with whichever you are into, but (*** in my opinion ***) there is (usually) an enormous difference between target shooting and gun fighting and the training methods that lead to success in either.