Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ejection

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mullet eater View Post
    The gun is real snappy, imo excessive recoil I guess with my old bcg it was real smooth.
    H2-H3 buffers will ease things up. It may be over gassed.

Feedback Score
    Thank you everyone for the help, I ended up installing a H buffer and a SLR rifleworks ajustable gas block and the gun shoot amazing!

Feedback Score
    try a higher quality barrel, proper gas port sizes really help ime

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Think of all the problems people could have avoided if they just drilled the right sized hole.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 07-16-18 at 23:23.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Think of all the problems people could have avoided if they just drilled the right sized hole.
    Think of all the money the AR industry would be losing if the barrel makers drilled the correct sized hole.
    Now they get to sell all sorts of parts for remedies. Buffers, springs, enhanced/reduced gas BCG, adjustable gas blocks, etc... the list goes on. It’s a win win for them.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    Think of all the money the AR industry would be losing if the barrel makers drilled the correct sized hole.
    Now they get to sell all sorts of parts for remedies. Buffers, springs, enhanced/reduced gas BCG, adjustable gas blocks, etc... the list goes on. It’s a win win for them.
    I don't think the "industry" is that smart to do this by design. I'm more convinced that morons (in most cases) spec out gas ports than anything else.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I don't think the "industry" is that smart to do this by design. I'm more convinced that morons (in most cases) spec out gas ports than anything else.
    You should read my first post with scarcasm.

Most gas ports are out of spec. That’s because the consumer runs cheap ammo (read under pressure) and they complain when the gun won’t cycle. But you already know that.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    It's more than just cheap ammo.

Our 16" OPTIMUM barrels run full pressure 5.56 ammo with nice relaxed ejection and beautiful brass, but they also eat up wolf 55 grain steel case like candy, especially with a slightly lighter buffer.

The properly matched EXT gas system makes this possible.

Sub optimal gas system configurations will be overgassed with hot ammo in order to run weak ammo.

But the biggest problem is people using slightly out of spec components in the gas system.

The gas block, gas tube and BCG all have critical dimensions to maintain the "mil-spec" amount of gas leakage that is factored into a properly sized gas port.

Change any one, and now the system is under gassed, which is a fail.

This generates complaints from customers, so the least brain damaging option for a manufacturer is to bump up the port sizes.

Only the switched on 2% of end users even notice the over gassing, and rarely complain back to the original manufacturer.

They just get an adjustable gas block and drive on.

Really the only way to ensure proper function without over gassing is to supply the whole test-fired upper rather than just parts.
    Last edited by Clint; 07-18-18 at 23:20.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12