Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trijicon RMR Type 2 "Seal Plate" # RM63 Necessary?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bullitt5172 View Post
    The sealing plate does just that, it seals the bottom of the optic when mounted on a slide or mount with thru holes. It has nothing to do with the battery contacts. The Type 2 doesn’t need the battlewerx plate and is not recommended. And yes, they are expensive for what they are.
    Unrelated, but I'd instantly upgrade to the Type 2s if y'all take away the battery saver feature that turns the optic to auto-adjust after 16.5 hours.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Unrelated, but I'd instantly upgrade to the Type 2s if y'all take away the battery saver feature that turns the optic to auto-adjust after 16.5 hours.
    Yup, I’d be in for two. I was super bummed to see that change wasn’t announced at shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I haven't had any issues with my RM06 Type-2 in auto-adjust. Always seems to be the right brightness and very quickly gets brighter when I light up my 600-lumen X300U against the white walls in my house.

It may not work as well at longer ranges or against walls that aren't white, but I don't think you'd need the sight to get that much brighter, anyway.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    I haven't had any issues with my RM06 Type-2 in auto-adjust. Always seems to be the right brightness and very quickly gets brighter when I light up my 600-lumen X300U against the white walls in my house.

It may not work as well at longer ranges or against walls that aren't white, but I don't think you'd need the sight to get that much brighter, anyway.
    Fwiw, i carry my 06 in auto and havent had any issue either. It is at full brightness by the time i get it in line of sight- ive tried to beat if, but i cant.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post

The auto on my RM06 Type 1 doesn't work well in my apartment paired with my X400UH, hence my reservations; washouts happen from most distances.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Sorry to bring up an old thread but I couldn't find anything using the search button. Do I need the sealing plate on a type 2 that will be sent to ATEI for a pro cut being milled on a Glock 19?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The seal plate/"O" ring provides H2O proofing for the electronics/battery. While not necessary for function it's a good idea, particularly if you ever shoot in rain or it gets wet.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the reply. There is nothing that I could see on their website about sending one in with your rmr, or purchasing one through them.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’ve had 3 slides milled for RMRs.
    The seal plate isn’t mandatory to send in for milling slide, the footprint is same as RMR base and it’s about a playing card thick.
    If you don’t have one, I’d have slide milled without it and order plate while slide is at ‘smith’s.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Ok, thank you sir.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12