Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: SPR Rifle Suggestions

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    looks like you and i are in similar stages- I've also never been a "precision" shooter... I fired expert in the infantry, but that was just knocking over targets. I've never done anything close to "sniping" and I've never much chased after tight paper groups. The SPR I'm building is also my first attempt at creating a "precision" AR15 style rifle.

As far as the right optics, ACOGs are so incredibly expensive I can't see myself sticking one on my rifle. They're also basically just extremely tough low-power scopes, which makes me think a guy would be better off with a riflescope and BUIS. For an SPR, low-power magnification is basically perfect, but it seems like there's far better options out there for the money.

My SPR will be crowned with a Leupold- not sure which one, just yet. Possibly a couple different ones. Leupold seems to me the best value in the industry- they're as tough as anything else and come in about a million shapes and sizes and generally less than $800. For the SPR, I'm liking the M4 2.5x8x36mm... close to medium range, illuminated reticle, 1/4moa finger dials, lifetime warranty, fog-proof... seems right to me.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    My SPR will be crowned with a Leupold- not sure which one, just yet. Possibly a couple different ones. Leupold seems to me the best value in the industry- they're as tough as anything else and come in about a million shapes and sizes and generally less than $800. For the SPR, I'm liking the M4 2.5x8x36mm... close to medium range, illuminated reticle, 1/4moa finger dials, lifetime warranty, fog-proof... seems right to me.
    That is a good choice, the original was a 3-9x36 MR/T M3 but I guess they're not making it any more. Btw the scope in your pic has the M2 (1/2 MOA) knobs.
    Last edited by sproing; 10-31-08 at 02:03.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sproing View Post
    That is a good choice, the original was a 3-9x36 MR/T M3 but I guess they're not making it any more. Btw the scope in your pic has the M2 (1/2 MOA) knobs.
    Wow, good eyes. You're right, I clicked the wrong thumbnail.

BAM!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=20981
    another SPR thread containing another SPR barrel you might want to look at

Feedback Score
    Yes I have to agree with ACOGs being too expensive. As of now Im having a 14.5in carbine build. the complete upper is still on the way.... in fact it'll take me till end of January to recieve it. ( I live in the Philippines by the way.) too much bureaucratic red tape to get gun parts over here. 3 months at least and if you have those special barrels fluted and stuff. it'll take almost 6 months. a guy could grow old waiting

Anyhow back to the topic of spr. Iv always wanted a fixed magnification scope. I was hoping for something like a 10x. MOdel is TASCO SUPER SNIPER. I know the model sounds too cheesy but the review is very good. costs I think something like 500 less? look it up.

Iv never been in the Military but i've assisted in training a few cops in my city with pistol shooting. My dominant eye has astigmatism. When I shoot red dot. I actually see 2 red dots joined together. And if it's irons I see 2 of em. 1 taller and 1 short joined together. Maybe that's the reason I can hit stuff. I got 2 red dots and 2 irons Yeah I know... you're probably asking why don't I have glasses / contacts or those new LASER that cures your eyes. Scared I guess

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    Wow, good eyes. You're right, I clicked the wrong thumbnail.
    No worries, hey here are a couple of for-sale listings you might be interested in, just ran across these in the arfcom EE. Both have M2 knobs but that can be an advantage, you don't have to make as many turns of the knob as the M1 for the same MOA adjustment.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=599063
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=23&t=592099

You can also find a good 3-9x36 if you keep an eye on the EE optics board.
    Last edited by sproing; 10-31-08 at 16:16.

Feedback Score
    how come I can't access ar15.com ????

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lanceriley View Post
    how come I can't access ar15.com ????
    It's a sign. You've outgrown barfcom.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spamsammich View Post
    It's a sign. You've outgrown barfcom.
    hahahaha

no kidding I really can't access why is that? I hope it has nothing to do with my being registered in other forum sites.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678