Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: BCM Lower not compatible with PMAG Gen3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm going to call Toyota and bitch about my Tacoma not being compatible with aftermarket rims.
    If those rims are compatable with every other brand of light truck, show marked advantages, are the most ubiquitous rims available, in stock at every tire store, and the only aftermarket rims approved by the dot, Toyota would be foolish to (solely as a matter of pride, would still interface with factory rims equally well) refuse to adjust the program they use on their hubs, years after they discovered the incompatibility.

I wouldnt expect bcm to warranty over the issue, if their lowers meet mil spec, or to change if it somehow comprimised the lower in other ways, but not changing the spec after the issue is discovered seems to me nothing but a matter of arrogance, maybe there is more justification for it, but i cant see it, each receiver is fixtured and machined machining that one flat cant be anything

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bonesteel View Post
    If those rims are compatable with every other brand of light truck, show marked advantages, are the most ubiquitous rims available, in stock at every tire store, and the only aftermarket rims approved by the dot, Toyota would be foolish to (solely as a matter of pride, would still interface with factory rims equally well) refuse to adjust the program they use on their hubs, years after they discovered the incompatibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Bonesteel View Post
    I wouldnt expect bcm to warranty over the issue, if their lowers meet mil spec, or to change if it somehow comprimised the lower in other ways, but not changing the spec after the issue is discovered seems to me nothing but a matter of arrogance, maybe there is more justification for it, but i cant see it, each receiver is fixtured and machined machining that one flat cant be anything
    Have to agree to both of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Also, i hate to be the guy to say this, but just because bcm has a well earned reputation for quality parts, it doesnt make them any less "aftermarket" than magpul.

Feedback Score
    I wouldn't expect BCM to change their specs. BCM should manufacture their rifles to specs they see fit. However, since this is a known ongoing issue with such popular magazines it would seem reasonable for BCM to inform their customers so they can make an informed purchase.

Website update: BCM lowers may or may not accommodate M3 magazines.

Minimal effort to inform customers. Is that too difficult a task? Maybe it is just too much... else BCM could have made a single sentence website update rather than lengthy explanations on Net Forums and repeated returns on lowers as earlier posted here.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 09-19-18 at 12:32.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys checkin in on December of 2018, any updates to this situation?

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819