Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: BCM Lower not compatible with PMAG Gen3

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Bill I retract my comment. It was based out of being lazy. Milspec is not the proper term. They are being issued. They DO NOT have any issue with any Colt or FN lowers I have seen or handled. I think it is likely that pmags will become the new standard. Some may like it and some may not. I don't really care and I personally think that the 3rd gen pmags suck. But it doesn't change the fact if you make a lower that is tier 1 or battle ready you lost the battle and your lower should now work with gen 3 pmags. Carrying around a file to alter any said pmag to fit you gun when you need it is ludicrous.
    It's worth saying I've had various issues over the years with p-mags on both my colt m16a2 and a colt 6520. Mostly issues with them dropping free. I've also seen the issues with lowers from kac, lmt, mega, stag, bcm, etc.

I haven't had issues with my bcm lowers personally with the newer p-mags I've tried but I generally see it being more of an issue with the mags. Personally I mostly end up using aluminium mags for everything at this point. When shooting with friends or using other guns(scar, fs2000, etc) that don't like a lot of p-mags its easier. I don't care to sit there and check every mag to make sure its safe with all of the guns.

That being said bcm should look at modifying their lowers. The problem isn't just with them though.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    It's worth saying I've had various issues over the years with p-mags on both my colt m16a2 and a colt 6520. Mostly issues with them dropping free. I've also seen the issues with lowers from kac, lmt, mega, stag, bcm, etc.

I haven't had issues with my bcm lowers personally with the newer p-mags I've tried but I generally see it being more of an issue with the mags. Personally I mostly end up using aluminium mags for everything at this point. When shooting with friends or using other guns(scar, fs2000, etc) that don't like a lot of p-mags its easier. I don't care to sit there and check every mag to make sure its safe with all of the guns.

That being said bcm should look at modifying their lowers. The problem isn't just with them though.
    Part of the update in the M3 mag is to make it better at dropping free. USGI and M3 PMAGs are the only ones that drop free out of my Noveske. The way I see it, the less widely used product should change. I’m willing to bet that there are far more M3 PMAGs in use than BCM lowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm lucky that my BCM likes M3 Magpuls, but if it didn't I would change the lower. Makes more sense to modify one thing and be done with it than to modify each and every magazine.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wetidlerjr View Post
    PMAGS I and PMAGS II fit BCM lowers. MAGPUL makes PMAG III and now a few (but not anywhere near all) don't fit BCM lowers that haven't been changed. PMAG III aficionados and mavens now declare BCM must change lowers. MAGPUL doesn't have to change anything and can do no wrong.
    Old saying; File on the cheap part.
    How many militaries use BCM lowers?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    How many militaries use BCM lowers?
    I think the first post on page 13 deals with that question. You might want to read that.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wetidlerjr View Post
    I think the first post on page 13 deals with that question. You might want to read that.
    I’m on Tapatalk so I don’t see pages, but I assume that is in reference to the milspec argument here. If it is, I don’t get the hang up on that term nowadays. I feel like there is a pretty good understanding of the companies that produce good stuff and those that produce shit. I typically DGAF if it’s milspec because there is a lot of stuff that is truly better than milspec. It’s not the be all/end all standard, really it’s the bare minimum for being serviceable. Of course there is lots of stuff out there that claims to be better and is not, but again, I think there’s a solid general consensus on the true performance of those products. The M3 PMAG seems to be the future mag of the military, regardless of milspec, TDP, blah blah blah.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’m on Tapatalk so I don’t see pages, but I assume that is in reference to the milspec argument here. If it is, I don’t get the hang up on that term nowadays. I feel like there is a pretty good understanding of the companies that produce good stuff and those that produce shit. I typically DGAF if it’s milspec because there is a lot of stuff that is truly better than milspec. It’s not the be all/end all standard, really it’s the bare minimum for being serviceable. Of course there is lots of stuff out there that claims to be better and is not, but again, I think there’s a solid general consensus on the true performance of those products. The M3 PMAG seems to be the future mag of the military, regardless of milspec, TDP, blah blah blah.
    Pretty much.

Bill Tidler Jr.

...We have long maintained that the only accessories that a 1911 needs are a trigger you can manage, sights that you can see, and a dehorning job. That still goes.
    ~Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Every time I get in a BCM lower, I M3 check it immediately. If it doesn’t lock, I contact BCM. They send a call tag for the lower and replace it ASAP; no questions asked.
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    Every time I get in a BCM lower, I M3 check it immediately. If it doesn’t lock, I contact BCM. They send a call tag for the lower and replace it ASAP; no questions asked.
    How many times has that happened? We’ve had several members that have apparently been told by BCM that they don’t consider it a problem and won’t fix it.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Every time I’ve emailed them; probably 5 or 6 times over the last couple years. Full disclosure though, I’m 07/02 and not always the end user and these were all new rifles/lowers. They’ve been very fast to ask for the lower back and always say that their armorers are busy and they just want to replace it. They’re always professional and polite.

I’ve heard of people having issues. It’s not been my experience personally. If an end user has an issue, maybe try going through a dealer? That shouldn’t matter but...

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast