Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: BCM Lower not compatible with PMAG Gen3

Feedback Score
    I've read numerous times about BCM's superior quality control in assembly. Given the popularity of PMAGs and this known M3 compatibility issue, would it be an overwhelming QC task to simply insert an M3 into the lower for Go No-Go? Advertise two groups of lowers as M3 Compatible or M3 Not Compatible... just as they advertise their handguards as KeyMod or MLOK compatible. Oh wait... but then how many customers would purposely choose a lower that's not M3 compatible over one that is compatible? hmmmmm.... perhaps therein lies the answer.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    How many times has that happened? We’ve had several members that have apparently been told by BCM that they don’t consider it a problem and won’t fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was one of those with issues. I called their CS explaining it was for a duty rifle and my agency was transitioning to the M3 magazines. All I got was a condescending lecture on the dangers of the M3 PMAG and any agency using such was creating a liability nightmare by putting their officers at risk. That any knowledgeable individual or organization would not use M3 magazines.

I thought of that conversation when I heard that the United States Marine Corps was switching over to the M3 magazine...

I sold off the lower, and I sold off two BCM uppers I had. I refuse to do business with them after my experiences with their CS. Nor do I recommend any of their products to anyone asking for advice.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Good to see their customer service Is improving...

Maybe some day they’ll stand by their products instead of blaming everyone and blacklisting people who report an issue.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 09-16-18 at 15:17.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I was one of those with issues. I called their CS explaining it was for a duty rifle and my agency was transitioning to the M3 magazines. All I got was a condescending lecture on the dangers of the M3 PMAG and any agency using such was creating a liability nightmare by putting their officers at risk. That any knowledgeable individual or organization would not use M3 magazines.

I thought of that conversation when I heard that the United States Marine Corps was switching over to the M3 magazine...

I sold off the lower, and I sold off two BCM uppers I had. I refuse to do business with them after my experiences with their CS. Nor do I recommend any of their products to anyone asking for advice.
    That’s pretty bad. I don’t understand how they could blame anything on the M3 PMAG either. Got it, Magpul is a competitor for furniture and accessories but Magpul doesn’t sell ARs and BCM doesn’t really sell mags. That’s pretty childish and disappointing.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Guys, I’m not defending them. I’m simply reporting my results. For the record, there have been issues with the M3s which Magpul is denying out of hand and will not discuss...at all. I use M3sand have had no issues but watch the whole vid from the link below. I can reproduce the issue shown but again it has given me zero issues so I continue to use them. Be careful who you put on pedestals and who you vilify; everyone is prone to put one in left field from time to time. JMHO.

https://youtu.be/4QNQ7IOl5sk
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Magpul fixed that over two years ago.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That’s pretty bad. I don’t understand how they could blame anything on the M3 PMAG either. Got it, Magpul is a competitor for furniture and accessories but Magpul doesn’t sell ARs and BCM doesn’t really sell mags. That’s pretty childish and disappointing.

I love how they were forced to adopt MLOK because Keymod is dead. I waited a long time to laugh about it, because I knew it was coming, and when Noveske caved, I knew BCM would be right behind them.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Magpul fixed that over two years ago.
    Err, fixed what, and is there a mag revision id?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Military selection drove that nail, supposedly on data supporting mlok as the more resilient solution, keymod cracked between slots.

Feedback Score
    Not taking sides, but posting my results. I suppose you could say BCM is my go-to lower. I have 4 of them, with a 5th on the way. I just checked my 4, and M3 Pmags fit great. Insert easy, with room to spare at the over insertion tab, and drop free. That said, I’ll bring an M3 Pmag to check when I pick up my 5th before doing paperwork. I guess I’ve been lucky so far.

I also checked my other brand lowers with no issue.

**update**

Picked up the 5th BCM lower today. Took an M3 Pmag to test and had no issues.
    Last edited by madAB; 09-18-18 at 16:18. Reason: Update

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast