Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: BCM Lower not compatible with PMAG Gen3

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    Err, fixed what, and is there a mag revision id?
    The second round crossing up with the top round. There was a guide nub added inside the feedlips of the Gen M3 30s sometime in the first half of 2016.

Feedback Score
    Cant blame bcm for not wanting to warranty lowers that meet mil spec but are not compatible with aftermarket magazines, however it is totally mind boggling that they wouldnt adjust their specs to fit extremely popular magazines after the issue had come to light, adding one more cut to the operation couldnt possibly add enough expense to justify the alienation of gen 3 pmag users

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Apparently the M3s are Mil-Spec enough to have no issues in actual military M27s and M4s.

If a certain percentage of the USMC's lowers didn't work with the M3, they certainly wouldn't have become issued mags.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m also surprised that BCM hasn’t adjusted the range of acceptable tolerances for the area at the front of the trigger guard to always accept Gen M3 PMags. Now that these magazines are issued by the Army, Marine Corps and Air Force, I can’t see any justification that a lower doesn’t need to be able to function with them. Soon Gen M3 Pmags will be as ubiquitous as the aluminum GI magazine.

The early Gen M3 Pmags did sometimes have issues with the tip of the second round moving upwards making it very difficult to lock the mag in under a closed bolt. Magpul has since fixed the issue as already noted. All Sand and MCT mags, and all black mags made from 2016 and later have the additional ribs in front of the feed lips to prevent this issue.

Feedback Score
    Thats the thing with specs, they are what they are until theyre changed. People confuse spec with compatibility all the time

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm going to call Toyota and bitch about my Tacoma not being compatible with aftermarket rims.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm going to call Toyota and bitch about my Tacoma not being compatible with aftermarket rims.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    I wouldn't say it is a 100% accurate analogy however the sentiment is on point.

Doesn't "standardizing" on a magazine that is optimized to work on Colt Lowers alone defeat the purpose of STANAG 4179 which is all about interoperability between allied NATO forces?

Also why does it matter when an end user can rework a little bit of polymer to resolve the issue?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

BCM Lower not compatible with PMAG Gen3

Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post
    I wouldn't say it is a 100% accurate analogy however the sentiment is on point.

Doesn't "standardizing" on a magazine that is optimized to work on Colt Lowers alone defeat the purpose of STANAG 4179 which is all about interoperability between allied NATO forces?

Also why does it matter when an end user can rework a little bit of polymer to resolve the issue?
    Maybe I should have expounded more...🤦🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    The second round crossing up with the top round. There was a guide nub added inside the feedlips of the Gen M3 30s sometime in the first half of 2016.
    Thank you, I have both on hand.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast