Thread: US Army MP 31B Gear Help

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

US Army MP 31B Gear Help

Got a son heading off to the National Guard shortly as a 31B. Pretty sure that the pistol is the Beretta M9 but what about the support gear? What is the issue "duty" pistol belt and holster and how is it configured? I'm sure to some degree its mission specific and changes.

I assume he will see the standard M4 (FN/Colt 14.5 with Knights RAS) at basic? Qualification with irons or the M68?

Thanks in advance, any and all info and wisdom would be appreciated.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    Got a son heading off to the National Guard shortly as a 31B. Pretty sure that the pistol is the Beretta M9 but what about the support gear? What is the issue "duty" pistol belt and holster and how is it configured? I'm sure to some degree its mission specific and changes.

I assume he will see the standard M4 (FN/Colt 14.5 with Knights RAS) at basic? Qualification with irons or the M68?

Thanks in advance, any and all info and wisdom would be appreciated.
    I’m active and not an MP so most of the answers are just a best guess, but he’ll definitely use an M9 and M4 with RAS. I’d expect that basic will have either CCOs or ACOGs, mine did and that was years ago.

The support gear is hard to say, at least for me. Most of the MPs on post have belt mounted Safarilands instead of Serpas which is good. The ones here also have specific duty belts and armor unlike the rest of the army. Can’t say if that’s service wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’m active and not an MP so most of the answers are just a best guess, but he’ll definitely use an M9 and M4 with RAS. I’d expect that basic will have either CCOs or ACOGs, mine did and that was years ago.

The support gear is hard to say, at least for me. Most of the MPs on post have belt mounted Safarilands instead of Serpas which is good. The ones here also have specific duty belts and armor unlike the rest of the army. Can’t say if that’s service wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not in the military but work around the base, with MPs a couple times a year. This sounds right.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand