Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parallax and RDS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Except that you’re not supposed to. RDS is meant to be used independently, without aligning anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's the bottom line: I think that's a myth that has been foisted on the RDS buyer from the beginning and it never was true. I'll grant you in the video the M5 had less than the MRO, but with the errors that even the guy in the video admits could be the case I think both optics would have been better employed with an attempt to keep the dot centered. Sorry, it's just common sense to me to try to keep the dot centered (as much as possible), and the RDS is more forgiving than irons as long as you're doing your part to keep it centered. In other words, yes, you should be able to get good groups with an RDS without the precision alignment of iron sights, but you can't flaunt that capability by having the dot all the way to the edge of the lens, either.

Maybe you don't get the perfect cheek weld every time and the RDS is supposed to be forgiving of that, but it just seems like shooting with the dot all the way to the edge of the lens is pushing the capability of the optic.

The guy from Green Eye Tactical actually referred to referencing the front sight in this thread, but decided it wasn't enough.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...l-Bans-T1-RDS)

Referencing the aiming dot to the front sight post mitigated the POI shift to some extent, but it never eliminated it.
    Much as I hate co-witnessing I'm thinking it's still a good "fix".
    Last edited by Doc Safari; 04-08-19 at 16:33.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12