Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Source for replacement AR10 integral carry handle charging handle?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Source for replacement AR10 integral carry handle charging handle?

Where can I get a replacement AR10 integral carry handle charging handle? I found an AR10 in a closet at work a few days ago. The charging handle is broken.

"Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That is damned pretty...

Lucky mofo.

I really like how the auto sear was removed and the auto was engraved over. Is it now able to be owned by yourself? Or is still owned by work and able to potentially get it back to auto?

Will take a look for the handles.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ls-retro-ar10/

Contact Brownells.

See if they can sell you one of their newly built "Retro" handles.

Apparently they're sturdier than the old ones to help avoid the issue you're having.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Ditto the Brownells as option.

You have much better closets than I do.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Source for replacement AR10 integral carry handle charging handle?

Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    That is damned pretty...

Lucky mofo.

I really like how the auto sear was removed and the auto was engraved over. Is it now able to be owned by yourself? Or is still owned by work and able to potentially get it back to auto?

Will take a look for the handles.
    Work is a Sheriff's Department. I think it's a machinegun that's been changed so it's only shooting semi auto now. I've never seen an AR-10. Onenif the bus at work said that's an Air Soft. As soon as I saw it I knew it wasn't a toy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by usmcvet; 03-20-18 at 18:12.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeruMew View Post
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ls-retro-ar10/

Contact Brownells.

See if they can sell you one of their newly built "Retro" handles.

Apparently they're sturdier than the old ones to help avoid the issue you're having.
    Thank You.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Work is a Sheriff's Department. I think it's a machinegun that's been changed so it's only shooting semi auto now.

If the Office allows it, I am sure Brownells could hook you up with an auto sear to bring it back. The holes look good to go, just that the auto sear pin and sear itself are gone. Might need the "auto-cut" safety as well. Would be a badass fixup to get an amazing rifle back in duty cycle.

Oh, and most importantly, thanks for your service as LEO. In whatever capacity that may be.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Work is a Sheriff's Department. I think it's a machinegun that's been changed so it's only shooting semi auto now. I've never seen an AR-10.
    Definitely semi now, but still a "machinegun".
    Looks like in addition to the autosear being removed, the fire control parts were modified to semi configuration, at least the hammer is modified.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MASP7 View Post
    Definitely semi now, but still a "machinegun".
    Looks like in addition to the autosear being removed, the fire control parts were modified to semi configuration, at least the hammer is modified.
    I agree someone spent some time on this. I wonder if it's a Century Arms deal. They're here in VT.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If Century imported it, it will have their name on it.
    If not, it no doubt came from the GWN. Lots of AR-10's were imported there, and they don't have the "once a machinegun, always a machinegun" silliness.
    Based on your location, I'd be guessing that's where it came from.
    Last edited by MASP7; 03-25-18 at 18:36.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast