Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FN-15 What's the consensus? new Roll Mark

Feedback Score

FN-15 What's the consensus? new Roll Mark

I already have a 6920 but was looking for another Colt when I ran across a NIB FN-15. This one does not have the billboard FN logo on the right side of the receiver. The left side has what appears to be a new laser engraved FN logo. So my main question is, is the FN-15 GTG? I really don't want a FN vs Colt battle, just give me the goods on the FN.
    FN15.jpg

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    They do have the Military contract to produce M4s and I had one overseas and it was good to go. In fact I would take a new FN over my New Colt if the price was the same.

Feedback Score
    Have had a FN15 tactical for about a year ... zero issues. Reliable and accurate. Not a budget option however.

Feedback Score
    Well besides the roll mark...I'm looking to add another AR...my LGS has a FN-15 Tatical...$1500 will probably give some sort of deal but this rifle didn't seem any nicer than my Colt which I got for $600 less. trying to figure out what I am missing with the FN-15? I'd rather pay an extra $450-500 for another knight SR15.

Feedback Score
    Here’s the thing, the commercial FN guns are not made to the TDP like the Colt 6920’s. They’re fine, but the quality is not the same. I also understand them to be batch MP/HP tested instead of individual. I have an FN-15 rifle & it has been a great gun. I did replace the BCG with a spare Colt because FN’s gas key staking was shit, but otherwise it’s been a fine gun. I would not buy one over a Colt or BCM though unless you’re getting a really good deal. I’ll add that I only bought my FN, because at the time, I add an itch for an A4 & the Colts were sold out.
    Last edited by DoubleW; 03-31-18 at 15:26.

Feedback Score
    What part of the fn15 isn’t the same ?...what’s not good about them?

Feedback Score
    I have heard it said from reputable sources that the FN Tac II "gtg".

Feedback Score
    I’ve spoken with two different FN employees on two different FN occasions. They both basically said that all their FN guns are made in the same FN plant by the same FN guys. All the parts come out of the same FN bins except for the full auto lowers and fcg parts. They were bewildered when I asked saying seperate assembly lines for different FN guns wouldn’t make any FN sense.

Gives me the warm n fuzzies for my FN Tactical Carbine which has been 100 FN % ever since I bought it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Several threads about this, I asked the same question here too.

FN can't use the tdp to produce civilian guns. Their military contract guns are built with better materials to higher standards.

This has been documented with things such as receiver extensions made out of lower grades of aluminum, no castle nut staking, and various other things.
    After a LOT of research I learned the civilian variants are not even in the same league as the military counterparts.

After a lot of research I learned that the colt6920, scionics, danial defense, and many other companies products are built to a higher standard with better parts than the civilian FN guns... And for better prices.

I found it to be a bummer because I really like the FN rollmark, but in the end one is way better off buying a Colt.
    Last edited by 5.56 Bonded SP; 04-01-18 at 22:10.

Feedback Score
    So you’re saying FN can not use the TDP to produce civilian ar’s but Colt can? Why?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast