Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: NightForce NX8 and Geissele Super Precision Mounts

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    I'm liking the Spuhr QDP

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I tried to cancel the Bobro but it had already shipped. I think I'm going to try it and see how it works since I'd prefer to have QD and I really like the other Bobro products I've used.

That Spuhr mount looks nice but I can't see myself spending that much on a mount if there are other viable options for half that.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Please do yourself a favor and send the Bobro back. Grab the Geiselle or the Spuhr. I currently have the NX8 sitting in a Geiselle, and tomorrow, when my ATACR 1-8 arrives, it will go right into another Geiselle. Here’s why: I have personally had 2 Bobro mounts go down on me. Not “a buddy of mine”, or “I heard of it happening”. I had two break. One of them I was shooting, even had some 3 gun competitions under my belt, and I looked down one day to find one of the studs inside a cap had broken off. The broken stud, and the nut were gone, nowhere to be found. The second mount broke when the gun fell on the mount, and the lip on the underside that holds the quick release mount onto the rail of the gun broke off. As in snapped, and the scope came off the gun. I understand that the gun fell over and struck the mount....ok, but to have the lip snap off and have the scope come off the gun ??? Unacceptable. I’m a full time LEO trainer, and my guns get used almost daily. There is no way I would ever trust a Bobro for duty use. The very next day I ordered 2 Geiselle mounts. A 30 and a 34mm. I still have the Bobro, and can send pics to anyone who doesn’t believe me.

You are spending good, hard earned money on one of THE BEST LPV’s out right now. Spend the extra money and go with a Spuhr, a Geiselle, even a NF Unimount. Bobro isn’t where it’s at anymore.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
    Please do yourself a favor and send the Bobro back. Grab the Geiselle or the Spuhr. I currently have the NX8 sitting in a Geiselle, and tomorrow, when my ATACR 1-8 arrives, it will go right into another Geiselle. Here’s why: I have personally had 2 Bobro mounts go down on me. Not “a buddy of mine”, or “I heard of it happening”. I had two break. One of them I was shooting, even had some 3 gun competitions under my belt, and I looked down one day to find one of the studs inside a cap had broken off. The broken stud, and the nut were gone, nowhere to be found. The second mount broke when the gun fell on the mount, and the lip on the underside that holds the quick release mount onto the rail of the gun broke off. As in snapped, and the scope came off the gun. I understand that the gun fell over and struck the mount....ok, but to have the lip snap off and have the scope come off the gun ??? Unacceptable. I’m a full time LEO trainer, and my guns get used almost daily. There is no way I would ever trust a Bobro for duty use. The very next day I ordered 2 Geiselle mounts. A 30 and a 34mm. I still have the Bobro, and can send pics to anyone who doesn’t believe me.

You are spending good, hard earned money on one of THE BEST LPV’s out right now. Spend the extra money and go with a Spuhr, a Geiselle, even a NF Unimount. Bobro isn’t where it’s at anymore.
    Thanks for the info.

I was thinking about it some more last night and I think I am going to send the Bobro back and go with Geissele.

As much as I'd prefer to have QD I don't think I'll ever be doing anything that will be too rough for the Nightforce.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

I am surprised to read that about Bobro. I had my rifle (with H1 in a Bobro) fall off a bench onto concrete and nothing happened, didn't even lose zero. It hit right below the qd lever.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just ordered a KAC high mount, not sure if I like it or not, I do wanna order a Geissele ...but there is no stock anywhere...not even eBay...feels like Geissele stop production all the sudden...if anyone find stock somewhere, plz kindly let me know. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    I am surprised to read that about Bobro. I had my rifle (with H1 in a Bobro) fall off a bench onto concrete and nothing happened, didn't even lose zero. It hit right below the qd lever.
    I was incredibly surprised as well. I had always heard and read that Bobro was very top shelf. I thought so too, until these issues.

I had my Primary Arms Platinum 34mm scope in the Bobro Mount at the time. The scope wasn’t hurt, the mount was toast. I didn’t even bother to send it back. I don’t want it fixed. Two separate incidents with breakage was enough. I’m all Geiselle, Badger, and Spuhr now. No more quick release for me. All solid mounts and 45* offset sights.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I was incredibly surprised as well. I had always heard and read that Bobro was very top shelf. I thought so too, until these issues.

I had my Primary Arms Platinum 34mm scope in the Bobro Mount at the time. The scope wasn’t hurt, the mount was toast. I didn’t even bother to send it back. I don’t want it fixed. Two separate incidents with breakage was enough. I’m all Geiselle, Badger, and Spuhr now. No more quick release for me. All solid mounts and 45* offset sights.
    Are you currently using offset sights with the NX8? I'm think I'm going to go with fixed offset sights and a Geissele mount but was curious if the throw lever for the NX8 got in the way of your sights.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

I'd be done with it too. Right now, I have my NX8 in a Bobro, was considering the Geiselle. Kinda wish I did just to change it up, but until I have a problem I will keep it.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I sent the Bobro back today and just ordered a Geissele with the Memorial Day discount. Still not sure if I'll go with standard BUIS or fixed offset sights.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast