Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something in my thigh went "POP!"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I've been rolling it out lately, but I've found a more effective tool than a foam roller is actually a small hard rubber ball that can get right on the spot rather than the wide effect of a roller.
    I've gotten it about worked out, but just in time for some soreness in my Achilles tendon/ Inside Calf are on the right leg. So I'm discovering even more indignities of growing older.
    So HIIT sprints will be off of the table for a bit.
    I'd drop them altogether and do your HIIT on something non impactive, such as a stationary bike or elliptical trainer. Don't wait till the next "pop" to get pro active about injury reduction unless sprinting after bad guys and such is required for the job. Even then, proper programming is essential or it's a matter of when vs if.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I believe that the issues I'm having with my calf aren't due to running sprints on the tread mill.
    I've been doing my leg workout differently since the initial problems with my left thigh during squats.
    Heavy calf raises might be the issue with the right calf at this time.

Believe me, I got enough running in the military, Its not my favourite activity, but I want to be able to run if I ever have to.
    I enjoyed the sprints though and I've laid off for seven days and rolled out the calf daily. I should be okay by early next week, I will keep you posted.

BTW I just met a personal goal this morning and have lost a total of 50 pounds.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The running is becoming more comfortable.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    BTW I just met a personal goal this morning and have lost a total of 50 pounds.
    Been reading the thread, just wanted to pop in and congratulate you on hitting a major goal.

Good shit, and I hope your return to activity continues smoothly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    Been reading the thread, just wanted to pop in and congratulate you on hitting a major goal.

Good shit, and I hope your return to activity continues smoothly.
    Thank You very much.
    I'm doing much better and I'm able to run and lift five days a week now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12